Lisbon Family Practice
Req #: 28843
Serve as the connecting point for Central Maine Healthcare (CMH) patients and the referring and specialty providers. Provides a comprehensive referral experience to meet the various needs of patients, referring providers, and family members. Adapt to and manage the ever changing and complex services, providers, service locations and initiatives across CMH while providing the highest level of customer service to each patient. Responsible for accurate and complete work based on organization standards, policies and procedures, HIPAA, and compliance with regulatory agencies. The referral specialist performs all functions under guidance and direction from the Referrals Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Engages patients utilizing exceptional customer service practices in alignment with the Five Must Haves;
- Greet people with a smile, friendly eye contact and say hello
- Take people where they are going, rather than point or give directions
- Use key words at key times. "Is there anything else I can do for you?"
- Foster an attitude of gratitude
- Round with reason and purpose
- Serves as the champion of the referral experience.
- Processes all internal and external referral and prior authorization requests for the medical practice.
- Utilizes scheduling applications to accurately collect necessary and relevant data.
- Provides accurate information to patients regarding the various services, providers, and locations available within the Central Maine Healthcare
- Engages in critical conversations to educate and promote utilization of internal service lines.
- Utilizes a one-call resolution technique to meet the patient's needs. When necessary, follow up with the patient after performing additional research or contacting other areas within the health system.
- Schedules new patient appointments for select primary care and specialty care services at time of service.
- Communicates with patients and staff by using multiple advanced communication tools, including phone call handling telecommunication system, emails, faxes and on-line charts and on-line scheduling.
- Upholds CMH policies and procedures.
- Participates in orientation, training programs and attends meetings as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or described by the organization's policy.
- Collaborates with other CMH departments to promote optimal utilization of resources.
Education and Experience:
1) A high school diploma or equivalent is required. College or completion of post-secondary education is preferred.
2) Minimum of 2 years of health care related or call center experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Strong PC and electronic health record data entry skills.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and telephone etiquette preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize work, provide oral and written instructions, interact tactfully with patients and families and establish and maintain effective relationships with others.
- Must be able to apply specific organizational policies rules and regulations relating to verifying patient information and maintaining records and forms.
- Ability to remain calm in a busy or stressful situation.
- Represent the organization in a positive manner, support and encourages strong morale within the team and maintain effective, professional relationships with others.
OUR PURPOSE & VALUES:
Our mission is to provide exceptional healthcare services in a safe and trustful environment through expertise, commitment and compassion of our team members, with the vision of safe, reliable, high quality care for each patient, every day.
How do we make this happen? By creating and maintaining a culture where our values of compassion, integrity, citizenship, service excellence and community are lived out in observable behaviors during all interactions.
ABOUT CENTRAL MAINE HEALTHCARE:
Central Maine Healthcare (CMH) is an integrated healthcare delivery system serving 400,000 people living in central, western, and mid-coast Maine. CMH's hospital facilities include Central Maine Medical Center in Lewiston, Bridgton Hospital, and Rumford Hospital. CMH also supports Central Maine Medical Group, a primary and specialty care practice organization. Other system services include the Central Maine Heart and Vascular Institute, a regional trauma program, LifeFlight of Maine's southern Maine base, the Central Maine Comprehensive Cancer Center, and other high quality clinical services.
About Central Maine Medical Center
Central Maine Medical Center (CMMC) located in Lewiston, is a Level II Trauma Center serving Androscoggin County and the surrounding region. "CMMC's Centers of Excellence" include the Central Maine Heart and Vascular Institute, the Central Maine Comprehensive Cancer Center, the Neonatal Intermediate Care Unit, and a Trauma Services Program. CMMC is also the southern Maine base for LifeFlight of Maine, the state's only medical helicopter service. Supported by the latest technologies, CMMC's skilled professionals provide outstanding care delivered with compassion, kindness, and understanding. Learn more at: www.cmmc.org.
About Bridgton Hospital
Part of Central Maine Healthcare, Bridgton Hospital serves the town of Bridgton and surrounding areas in Maine as part of an integrated regional healthcare system committed to improved access and a uniform standard of care. Bridgton Hospital was named as one of 17 top rural hospitals in the nation for the third consecutive year in 2018.
About Rumford Hospital
Part of Central Maine Healthcare, Rumford Hospital serves the town of Rumford and surrounding areas in Maine as part of an integrated regional healthcare system committed to improved access and a uniform standard of care. In 2018, Rumford Hospital was named one of 17 top rural hospitals in the nation by the Leapfrog Group; in 2016, it was designated a Pathway to Excellence® organization by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Learn more at: www.rumfordhospital.org.
Central Maine Healthcare is equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
© 2020 HealthcareSource HR, Inc. All Rights Reserved.