FT 40 HRS
6 days agoRequisition ID: 1610
The Referral Coordinator is responsible for processing referrals, consultations, and diagnostic procedures relating to a participant at the Elder Service Plan.
Position is Monday through Friday, 8:30 AM to 5:00 PM. Work can be a mix of remote and on-site at our 479 Torrey St. Brockton location.
• Processes referrals using appropriate method provided by Elder Service Plan.
• Documents/updates records to ensure all parties have accurate information.
• Communicates with patients to ensure follow-through with referrals or other care related needs.
• Supports inter disciplinary team and patients in synchronizing care with specialist and diagnostics offices.
• Communicates with specialist offices to ensure medical records are received back in a timely manner.
• Accurately charts all information in EHR/EMR.
• Provides support and information to patients and providers to problem solve and manage complex administrative issues.
• Maintains satisfactory productivity rates.
Required/Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
• High School diploma or GED.
• 2 years of experience working in a professional healthcare environment.
• Understanding of HMO, Managed Care, and other Third-Party Insurers.
• Electronic Medical Records and Electronic Practice Management experience.
• Knowledge of Medical Terminology preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and customer service skills.
• Intermediate computer literacy with Microsoft Office applications: Word, Outlook, Excel.
• Excellent office machinery skills: faxing, scanning, copying and use of phone system.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to prioritize and execute a variety of tasks within a short period of time and work under stressful conditions.
• Must be able to articulate and communicate clearly in English.
Harbor Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D.