Centurion is proud to be the provider of comprehensive healthcare services to the Tennessee Department of Correction.
We are currently seeking Certified Recreational Therapists to join our team at multiple locations in Tennessee:
- Riverbend Maximum Security Institution located in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Morgan County Correctional Complex located in Wartburg, Tennessee.
- Bledsoe County Correctional Complex located in Pikeville, Tennessee.
- Northeast Correctional Complexlocated in Mountain City, Tennessee.
- West Tennessee State Penitentiarylocated in Henning, Tennessee.
- Northwest Correctional Complexlocated in Tiptonville, Tennessee.
The Certified Recreational Therapist provides rehabilitative programs and services through appropriate patient assessment, service planning, therapeutic activities, discharge planning, and community reintegration to develop, maintain, or restore physical, emotional, and social competencies of the patients. The therapist will provide recovery focused treatment activities and participate on the treatment teams of patients assigned.
We offer excellent compensation and comprehensive benefits for our full-time team members including:
- Health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Flexible Spending Account
- Continuing Education benefits
- Much more...
Centurion contracts with state and local governments nationwide to provide comprehensive healthcare services to correctional facilities, state hospitals, and other community settings. Our dedication to making a difference and our passionate team of the best and the brightest healthcare employees has made us one of the leaders of the correctional health industry. Whether you are driven by purpose and impact or on a journey of professional growth, our opportunities can offer both.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Recreation Therapy or in Recreation and Leisure Studies with a specialization in Recreation Therapy.
- Completion of an approved clinical internship in the appropriate rehabilitation specialty in an approved hospital or rehabilitation center affiliated with the college.
- Individuals who are registered or certified with the appropriate therapy association but have not completed a clinical internship because it was not a component of the academic program at the time are required to have completed a minimum of two years' full-time paid experience in a clinical, residential, or community-based setting after receipt of the required degree to be admitted into the exam.
- Recreation Therapist Certification or Certification as a Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist from the National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification
- Must be able to pass security background clearance