Center City, Philadelphia, PA
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The Recovery Environment Specialist will oversee the household management of a residential treatment program for substance-abusing dependent women and their young children. He/she works closely, supportively, and collaboratively with the Lead Recovery Environment Specialist and the Residential Director to uphold the mission statement, goals and objectives of the program.
- Creates and implements daily/weekly chore schedules that assure that the residents clean and maintain their rooms and the common areas of the residence; teaches residents housekeeping skills; inspects the premises daily; works therapeutically with women who cannot fulfill their responsibilities to achieve compliance.
- In consultation with the Cook, oversees meal preparation and kitchen responsibilities when Cook is not present.
- Maintains an inventory of all household equipment and supplies and submits requests as needed; ensures that the facility, equipment and supplies are maintained in accordance with all safety and health code regulations.
- Orients new residents to the rules and responsibilities of living in the residence. This orientation group will be held in a nurturing and supportive manner.
- Drives residence van to escort residents or perform other residence activities.
- Interacts with co-workers, visitors, and other staff consistent with the iSCORE values of Jefferson.
OTHER FUNCTIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Observes the residents’ behavior in the milieu, discusses with other members of the treatment team and assists residents in making recommended behavior changes through limit-setting, education, and discussion.
- Completes all shift reports including a population check sheet and incident reports as needed; completes required chart or other written work. All written work must be done in accordance with the program regulations and regulatory requirements.
High School Diploma or equivalent.
If in recovery, two years of continuous, substantiated recovery time.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATION:
Current Driver’s License required. Good driving record.
Jefferson Health delivers state of the art healthcare services to patients throughout the Delaware Valley and southern New Jersey. Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) provides more than 8,400 students from nearly 40 states and 40 countries with 21st century professional education. Combined, we have over 30,000 employees.
Jefferson Health, with 14 hospitals (seven are Magnet designated by the ANCC for nursing excellence) and 40+ outpatient and urgent care locations, offers a broad range of primary and complex, highly specialized care that touches the lives of more than four million patients annually. U.S. News & World Report has ranked Thomas Jefferson University Hospital among the nation’s best in eight specialties. Jefferson Health also includes the NCI designated Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center; it is one of only 70 such centers in the nation.
Thomas Jefferson University has ten colleges and three schools that offer more than 160 undergraduate and graduate programs. Our University is dedicated to inter-professional and transdisciplinary approaches to learning that offer a vibrant and expandable platform for professional education. Through this unique model, we are preparing our students for current and yet to be imagined careers.
As an employer, Jefferson maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.