METHODIST MEDICAL GROUP
Dallas, TX, 75203
Full-time · Day · 8:00 - 5:00
Req # 20059908
Responsible for reception and check in process of patients receiving care at The Liver Institute. Duties include greeting and receiving patients, assuring completion of all registration paperwork, scanning updated insurance demographic information, assembling charts and notifying appropriate persons of patients lobby status.
Your Job Requirements:
- Ability to type 40 words per minute
- Able to develop and maintain good working relationships with all levels of staff, patients and family members
- Bilingual skills preferred (Spanish / English)
- Computer skills to Operate Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Demonstrate critical thinking skills
- Excellent Customer service skills.
- Must be professional and friendly in interacting with patients and staff
- Proficient with technical office equipment including computers, printers, fax, copiers and telephones
- 2 years of experience in a health care office setting
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- Some College preferred.
- Successful completion of basic medical terminology class required prior to employment or within six months of hire
Your Job Responsibilities:
- Assist team members: help develop team cohesiveness and alignment with departmental goals; asses daily work load to determine volume and urgency; prioritize and adapt to changing patient, physician and professional allied health provider workflow; accountable for his/her own actions, and ensures that all assigned work is completed in a timely and accurate manner; foster mutual respect and treat patients and staff with dignity and in a culturally sensitive manner; contribute to the enhancement of group effectiveness by exchanging information, collaborating with other team members; providing constructive feedback; adheres to MHS standards of performance.
- Conduct lobby checks throughout the day, verifying whether patient is waiting for an appointment or a schedule. Follow through as needed; maintain a neat lobby, distribute magazines and replenish pamphlet supply as needed.
- Greet and receive all patients and visitors, and keep them comfortable; keep patient informed of additional wait time if necessary; update patient demographic and insurance information as needed into EPM; scan medical records into EMR; create charts for new patients and assure completion of necessary demographic information, copy insurance cards, complete regulatory compliance paperwork and chart organization, including all medical records, tab inserts and labels (DRAT); collect patient co-pay, deductible and/or balance.
- Provide administrative and project support to Liver Institute manager and others as assigned
- Scan medical records into EMR
Methodist Medical Group is the North Texas physician organization affiliated with Methodist Health System. Established to meet the healthcare needs of North Texas communities, our fast-growing network of providers includes more than 50 healthcare clinics, two concierge medicine clinics, an urgent care clinic, and a virtual care platform known as MethodistNOW. Methodist Medical Group employees enjoy not only competitive salaries but also the outstanding benefits package of Methodist Health System, which includes medical, dental, and vision insurance; a matched retirement plan; an employee wellness program; and more. The opportunities for career growth are equally generous. Our affiliation means being part of an award-winning workplace:
- A Best Place to Work 15 years straight by the Dallas Business Journa
- 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare nine years in a row by Becker’s Hospital Review
- Magnet® designations for Methodist Dallas, Methodist Mansfield, and Methodist Richardson Medical Centers
- First member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network in Texas, since 2015
- One of three 2019 Top Healthcare Diversity Organizations in the U.S.
- Military Friendly Employer
Our Care Commitments
- Take Care of Patients
- Take Care of Each Other
- Take Care of Ourselves
- Take Care of Methodist
© 2021 HealthcareSource HR, Inc. All Rights Reserved.