Central Carolina Hospital is a 137-bed acute care hospital serving the healthcare needs of Lee County and surrounding communities. For more information on Central Carolina Hospital please visit:
Central Carolina Hospital
Summary: Performs imaging procedures (Radiography, CT, Mammography, US, Nuclear Medicine, orMRI) and produces quality images for interpretation by a radiologist. Procedures are performed according to departmental protocols, policies and procedures and according to established standards of practice. Assesses and monitors patients, and provides appropriate patient care. An Imaging Tech I is required to actively function and meet the required qualifications and competencies to function in one modality in addition to radiography. Imaging Tech I’s are required to become competent in CT as their additional modality and meet certification requirements within 6 months of employment unless already approved for other modality certifications.
- Verbalizes and/or demonstrates knowledge of clinical information and practices essential to assuring provision of age-specific care to all age groups.
- Verifies patient identification, confirms physician orders, obtains patient history / forms, assesses patient condition, explains procedures, provides patient education, and addresses patient concerns prior to performing exams.
- Assures proper completion of all exams requested including documentation, charging, and proper labeling of images.
- Performs a variety of radiological exams that require independent judgment and utilization of proper positioning, protocols, and techniques to obtain a quality diagnostic image to meet radiologist specifications. Identifies normal anatomy and/or unusual findings.
- Demonstrates proficiency in the operation and proper handling of all diagnostic equipment. Maintains all equipment and accessories in efficient operating order; performs preventative maintenance as required, contacts service for repairs when necessary.
- Maintains knowledge of contrast media and medications utilized within the department including contraindications and possible side effects. Demonstrates the ability to prepare and administer contrast according to departmental protocols. Recognizes significant adverse reactions and acts appropriately.
- Prepares and assists radiologists/physicians with procedures as required. Ensures that Standard Precautions and sterile techniques are utilized.
- Maintains communication and cooperation with radiologist and other ancillary departments regarding changes in protocol, scheduling of procedures, exams performed and patient flow.
- Demonstrates the ability to operate all computer systems utilized within the department.
- Maintains orderliness and cleanliness of work areas, ensures rooms are stocked, and prepares rooms prior to patient entrance.
- Performs clerical duties, provides clinical supervision for students and assists in patient transport as needed.
- Practices radiation safety for patient and self.
- Participates in departmental performance improvement activities. May be assigned specific quality assurance / quality control duties.
- Rotates within the department and performs exams in multiple modalities, works various shifts and participates in call rotation as required for the proper functioning of the department
Associate’s degree is preferred
Training commensurate with ARRT (R) certification is required
ARRT Certification in Radiography is required
ARRT Certification in CT or meets JC Diagnostic Imaging Standards and NC Regulations 10A NCAC 15.0611 – CT Regulations is required within 6 months of hire
Meets Certification Requirements for other modalities as required by regulatory agencies is required
American Heart Association BLS is required within 90 days of hire
LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans’ status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans' status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
"LifePoint Health" is a trade name used to refer to an organization of affiliated entities that own and operate hospitals and other healthcare providers in more than 80 communities. LifePoint Health, Inc. is a holding company only. It does not own or operate hospitals or healthcare providers and does not have any employees. When terms such as "LifePoint" or "LifePoint Health" or "we" or "us" are used herein, they refer to LifePoint Health, Inc. and its operating subsidiaries. When terms such as "hospital" or "provider" or "facility" are used herein, they refer to the hospitals or other healthcare providers that are wholly owned and operated by subsidiaries of LifePoint Health, Inc. Finally, when terms such as "LifePoint employees" or "our employees" are used herein, they refer to individuals employed by subsidiaries of LifePoint Health, Inc.
Positions identified are with subsidiary hospitals and subsidiary physician practices of LifePoint Health, Inc. Similarly, recruitment and placement services for these positions are conducted by subsidiaries of LifePoint Health, Inc. Any applications received will be directed to the applicable entities.