PRN Radiologic Technologist to work in Mammography at both the WFBMC Cancer Center and Clemmons Medical Plaza
Mammography Registry required
Experience with 3D Tomo imaging required
Performs diagnostic radiology and mammography procedures by utilizing equipment and employing techniques and procedures that are appropriate to the entire span of ages served in accordance with accepted standards of practice, and demonstrating expertise in limiting radiation exposure to patients and other members of the health care team.
Graduate of an accredited school of Radiologic Technology.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION:
Registered and certified with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists in Radiography and Mammography or registry eligible. Current BCLS certification.
Wake Forest Baptist Health:
Wake Forest Baptist Health is a pre-eminent academic health system based in Winston Salem, North Carolina. Wake Forest Baptist’s two main components are an integrated clinical system- anchored by Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center, an 885-bed tertiary-care hospital in Winston Salem – that included Brenner Children’s Hospital, five community hospitals, and more than 350 primary and specialty care locations and more than 2,500 physicians; and Wake Forest School of Medicine, a recognized leader in experimental medical education and groundbreaking research that include Wake Forest Innovations, a commercialization enterprise focused on advancing health care through new medical technologies and biomedical discovery.
1. Performs or assists in performing diagnostic and mammography procedures in accordance with the North Carolina Regulation for Protection Against Radiation. Maintains appropriate education and credentials.
2. Maintains coordination of activities with others to accomplish work objectives.
3. Ensures readiness of emergency equipment and supplies; recognizes and reacts appropriately to potential emergency situations.
4. Maintains knowledge of procedures, equipment and systems used to perform job functions. Ensures availability of supplies and readiness of equipment.
5. Ensures accurate patient records via correct data entry, validation and archival of images.
6. Provides instruction, education and consultation to health care personnel and patients to promote improved quality of patient care.
7. Provides emergency on-call coverage after normal working hours as required.
8. Provides age/developmentally appropriate care in accordance with Age/Development Specific Guidelines for the age groups served when participating in patient care.
9. Adheres to the general hospital standards to promote a cooperative work environment by utilizing communication skills, interpersonal relationships and team building. Follows hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Assumes responsibility for keeping informed about changes in policies and procedures. Participates in departmental in-service and educational offerings. Contributes to the overall quality of services.
Ability to maintain daily schedules
Ability to communicate on a professional level with physicians, nurses and other ancillary professional staff when discussing procedures and patient's care
Clinical skills to enable recognition and function accordingly in relation to priorities of patient needs
Clean, well-lit, comfortable work area
Potential exposure to infections and contagious diseases
Regular exposure to the risk of bloodborne diseases
Exposure to hazardous anesthetic agents, body fluids and wastes
Subject to electrical and radiant energy hazards
Frequent exposure to radiation hazards and a variety of electro-mechanical/power equipment
Exposure to odorous chemicals, specimens, and housekeeping/cleaning agents/chemicals
Subject to hazards of flammable, explosive gases, and injury from moving parts of equipment
Subject to varying and unpredictable situations
Subject to long, irregular hours
Handles absentee replacement on short notice
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply Now" button on this page. You must complete the application process and then submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button located at the bottom of the page titled "Submit Online Application". You will receive the following message once you hit the submit button: "You have successfully submitted your job application".
Computers are available for applying within the lobby of the Human Resources Department located at 1920 West First Street, (on the corner of Miller and First Street) Winston-Salem, North Carolina 27104. You may also call our office for assistance at (336) 716-6464. Office hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact our Supervisor of Office Services by phone (336) 716-3367 or email at email@example.com.
It is the policy of Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center to administer all educational and employment activities without discrimination because of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status (except where sex is a bona fide occupational qualification or a statutory requirement) in accordance with all local, state, national laws, executive orders, regulations, and guidelines.