You can make a difference in people’s lives every day. When you join UCLA Health, you’ll be working at an institution that provides leading-edge care to the people of L.A. and throughout the world. We provide our team members with the environment and support to do amazing work, because each and every one of them plays a vital role in our commitment to care.
We’re seeking an exceptional, self-directed, customer-focused professional with:
· Two years of medical billing experience in a physicians’ office or clinic
· Radiology and pharmacology billing/collections experience preferred
· Background with Medi-Cal, Medicare, managed care, and PPO insurance
· Ability to obtain retro-authorizations
· Detailed knowledge of medical terminology
· Outstanding communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills
· Ability to read/interpret correspondence, charged documents, EOBs and all insurance forms
· Knowledge of online registration procedures, including payor data and financial classes
· Computer proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
· In-depth knowledge of overall business office functions
· Knowledge of EPIC is a plus
UCLA Health is a world-renowned health system with four award-winning hospitals and dozens of primary care practices, specialty practices, urgent care centers and other ancillary locations throughout metro Los Angeles as well as the David Geffen School of Medicine. Through the efforts of our outstanding people, we have become Los Angeles’ trusted provider of exceptional, compassionate patient care. If you’re looking to experience greater challenge and fulfillment in your career, UCan at UCLA Health
I've been blessed to touch so many lives through my serving. It's a privilege to uplift other employees with words of encouragement and a smile.
The first thing i noticed when i joined the team was how everyone is very welcoming and friendly with supportive management. I did not feel like an outsider.
Once I joined, I knew UCLA Health was THE place to be due to the growth potential and training offered