Radiologic Technologist I (Inpatient) – Weekend Alternative Part-time (.6) – Nights
Category: Allied Health
Facility: Anne Arundel Medical Center
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posted Date: December 15, 2021
Performs routine radiographic procedures in accordance with established safety and quality standards and the special needs of patients.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Processes radiographic exams; verifies demographics and technical information; checks technical quality of picture.
- Completes procedures while maintaining quality of work within an established time frame.
- Ensures all pertinent information is correctly displayed for Radiologist in EMR
- Constantly assess patient's condition and administers first aid as required; assists physicians in cases of adverse reactions or emergencies.
- Provides radiation protection to all patients in compliance with prescribed safety standards, attends required course in radiation safety.
- Confers with supervisor to recommend changes, report problems and provide feedback to improve patient care, technical quality, and clerical functions.
- Restocks and monitors supplies in assigned work areas. Notifies supervisor when shortages occur.
- Assists with the clinical educational needs of the rotating students.
- Proficient in the OR with all exams and consistently rotates through the OR on a regular basis.
- Participates in departmental process improvement initiatives (huddle, metrics, and innovative ideas).
- Successful completion of a two-year radiological technology program in AMA approved educational institution.
- Current certification in diagnostic radiography by American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).
- Current State of Maryland licensure is required.
- Current American Heart Association Health Care Provider Basic Life Support (BLS) CPR certification
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands – Heavy
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.
First step is to join our talent community for the latest news.
Create your talent profile to receive customized job alerts and the latest company information.
Current employees should click on the button to search jobs, login and manage job agents, check application status, and more.
Important Information about CPR (BLS) requirements for Luminis Health. (Note: this downloads a word document)