Radiologic Technologist, Evenings "Job Details"
Winston-Salem, NC, United States
- Medical Center Blvd, Winston Salem, NC, 27157, US
10/01/2021, 12:29 PM
***Sign On Bonus***
Qualified applicants maybe eligible for a sign on bonus of $4,000. Apply to learn more and see if you qualify!
Performs diagnostic radiology procedures by utilizing equipment and employing techniques and procedures that are appropriate to the entire span of ages served in accordance with accepted standards of practice, and demonstrating expertise in limiting radiation exposure to patients and other members of the health care team. Assists radiologists and other qualified staff physicians with invasive procedures, patient scheduling, clerical and image processing functions.
Graduate of an approved school of Radiologic Technology. Minimum six months experience as a diagnostic Radiologic Technologist preferred. One year experience with patients preferred.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, and/or REGISTRATION:
Registered and certified with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists. Registry eligible and must become registered within 12 months of hire. Certifications from other areas of specialty required. BCLS (CPR) certification.
- Adheres to the general hospital standards to promote a cooperative work environment by utilizing communication skills, interpersonal relationships and team building. Follows hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Assumes responsibility for keeping informed about changes in policies and procedures. Participates in departmental in-service and educational offerings. Contributes to the overall quality of services.
- Performs or assists in performing diagnostic and/or therapeutic procedures in accordance with the North Carolina Regulation for Protection Against Radiation. Maintains appropriate education and credentials.
- Maintains coordination of activities with others to accomplish work objectives.
- Ensures readiness of emergency equipment and supplies; recognizes and reacts appropriately to potential emergencies.
- Maintains knowledge of procedures, equipment and systems used to perform job functions. Ensures availability of supplies and readiness of equipment.
- Ensures accurate patient records via correct data entry, validation and archival of images.
- Provides instruction, education and consultation to health care personnel and patients to promote improved quality of patient care.
- Provides emergency on-call coverage after normal working hours as required.
- Provides age/developmentally appropriate care in accordance with Age/Development Specific Guidelines for the age groups served when participating in patient care.
Strong oral and written communication skills
Ability to communicate on a professional level with physicians, nurses and other ancillary professional staff
Ability to maintain daily schedules
Clinical skills to enable recognition and to function accordingly in relation to priorities of patient needs
Performs effectively with frequent workload changes and competing demands
Basic computer skills
Clean work area
Frequent exposure to infections, contagious diseases, to the risk of bloodborne diseases
Exposure to hazardous anesthetic agents, body fluids and wastes
Subject to electrical and radiant energy hazards
Frequent exposure to radiation, flammable and explosive gas hazards
Wake Forest Baptist Health and Atrium Health have joined forces in a strategic combination that will enhance care, transform medical education and create economic opportunity for countless lives in North Carolina and beyond. As a part of that combination, the two health systems will be integrating technology and platforms, including our career sites.
This means that although you are applying on the Wake Forest Baptist Health Career Site, you receive communications from the Atrium Health Recruitment Team. Please know that this is an expected process, and thanks in advance for your flexibility.
Wake Forest Baptist Health (www.WakeHealth.edu) is a nationally recognized academic health system in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, with an integrated enterprise including educational and research facilities, hospitals, clinics, diagnostic centers, and other primary and specialty care facilities serving 24 counties in northwest North Carolina and southwest Virginia.
It comprises: a regional clinical system with more than 300 locations, 2,100 physicians and 1,535 acute care beds; Wake Forest School of Medicine; and Wake Forest Innovations, which promotes the commercialization of research discoveries and operates Innovation Quarter, an urban research and business park specializing in biotechnology, materials science and information technology. Wake Forest Baptist’s clinical, research and educational programs are consistently ranked among the best in the country.
About the Team
Wake Forest Baptist Health's mission is to improve the health of our region, state and nation by:
- Generating and translating knowledge to prevent, diagnose and treat disease.
- Training leaders in health care and biomedical science.
- Serving as the premier health system in our region, with specific centers of excellence recognized as national and international care destination.
Wake Forest Baptist Health is a preeminent learning health system that promotes better health for all through collaboration, excellence and innovation.
- Demonstrate the highest standards of patient-centered care, education, research and operational effectiveness
- Responsive to the physical, emotional, spiritual and intellectual needs of all
- Cultivate selfless contribution for the greater good
- Demonstrate fairness, honesty, sincerity and accountability
- Demonstrate respect for and inclusion of all backgrounds, identities, experiences, and perspectives
- Foster mutual respect, facilitate professional growth and mentorship, and reward teamwork and collaboration
- Promote creativity to enhance discovery and the application of knowledge
- Embrace a culture of reliability through better process design and accountability
Patient and Family Promise
We promise to:
- Keep you safe.
- Care for you.
- Involve you and your family.
- Respect you and your time.