Job ID: 85634
Area of Interest: Allied Health
Location: Glen Burnie,MD US
Hours of Work: 8a-4p
Job Facility: UM Baltimore Washington Medical Center
Employment Type: Supplemental/Per Diem
What You Will Do:
PRN/Supplemental – Day Shift (8am-4pm)
Glen Burnie, MD
The Right Choice. Right Here.
We’re looking for talented professionals to join our Radiation Therapy team at UM Baltimore Washington Medical Center — named a Top Workplace in the Baltimore area by the Baltimore Sun in 2019 & 2020.
Under moderate supervision, administers radiation therapy treatments to patients as prescribed by a radiation oncologist according to established standards and practices. Patients served include Adult through Adult Geriatric. Reports to Operations Manager of the Tate Cancer Center and Senior Radiation Therapist.
- Delivers a prescribed and planned course of radiation therapy to patients as per physician order in accordance with generally accepted radiation therapy practices and departmental procedures.
- Observes patient during therapy procedure for any unusual reactions or events; uses judgment and consults with physician if a patient’s condition has changed prior to treatment; reports significant or questionable information to designated supervisory personnel and assists in emergency treatment as appropriate.
- Reinforces recommendations given to the patient by the physician, dietitian, and other healthcare team members concerning reaction to treatment and care of the radiated area, prevention or treatment of generalized and local side effects. Changes patient dressings as necessary.
As a member of our team, you’ll experience:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage – Tax-Free Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement and more!
- Work Life Balance: You’ll accrue paid time off; we offer dependent care reimbursement, short/long term disability and an employee assistance program.
- Educational Assistance: We support your continuing education and career advancement by offering tuition reimbursement & continuing education options.
- Free parking onsite
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Graduation from an approved and accredited radiation therapy program required.
- Licensed as a radiation therapist in the state of Maryland required.
- One year clinical experience in radiation therapy preferred.
- Current BLS certification or obtained prior to providing direct patient care is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of radiation therapy required.
- Knowledge of radiation therapy equipment required.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills required.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
- Follow us on