State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Quality Review Coordinator - Coding
Req ID: 35124BR
Job Summary: This position is responsible for monitoring all bill hold reports and work with Patient Financial Services to assist in charge master coding review.
- Investigates registration and billing problems identified by Patient Accounts, Coding Specialists, other sections of Health Information Management, and other departments and works with Admitting and Patient Accounts personnel to resolve identified problems.
- Monitors abstracting systems to assure that invalid accounts are deleted. Utilizes reports for identifying backlogs. Communicates with Processing, Pathology, patient care units, and physician officers to obtain records.
- Monitors Medicare accounts for 72 hr bundling issues and works with Admitting and Patient Accounts managers to maintain compliance.
- Reviews charge tickets for ambulatory areas to make sure coding is accurate and code usage is appropriate and compliant.
- Responsible for the prioritization of outpatient charge ticket review.
- High School diploma or GED required, High School diploma or GED preferred
- 5-8 years related work experience required.
- 5 + years coding experience in an acute care setting.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- RHIT, RHIA or CCS Certification.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to understand spoken English in order to follow basic safety instructions and take direction from supervisors; communicate effectively in basic English with patients, families and medical center staff in response to routine questions.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to demonstrate a positive attitude and respond to requests in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Actor John Krasinski spreads some good news at BIDMC
BIDMC Named Top 25 Hospitals in the Nation to Work For
BIDMC recognized as a leader in “LGBTQ Healthcare Equality”
How to Apply