State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Quality Improvement Spec - RN
Req ID: 39174BR
Job Summary: The BIDMC Nursing Mission is to build on a legacy of nursing excellence by caring with compassion, advancing the art & science of nursing, and advocating for the health of patients, families, and communities. Supports the organizations Code of Excellence and Values by exhibiting the following behaviors:Integrity, Respect, Compassion, Excellence, Stewardship and Community. Ensures ongoing participation in and compliance with departmental quality initiatives, provides education for staff and collects and maintains data for reporting purposes. This is accomplished through high quality clinical data screening, data compilation, documentation and presentation and teamwork.
Department Specific Job Responsibilities:
- The Physician Quality Director of the Cancer Center will oversee this individual. This individual will also be assigned an accountable nurse leader for guidance and mentorship. The QI Specialist will work in close collaboration with the Quality Project Manager of the Cancer Center.
- Resource and staff for Hematology-Oncology at the Cancer Center. Promote a culture of safety and respect, including through participation in safety meetings.
- Lead efforts at achieving and maintaining quality certification programs, including through organizing audits and site visits. Assists managers with analysis and planning of survey data and Cancer Center Patient Satisfaction Surveys. Participate in and lead quality improvement projects.
- Participate in and lead process improvement training for staff.
- With physician leadership, develop a dashboard to track quality metrics that will guide future priorities.
- With physician leadership, develop a strategy to measure and address quality in the network including as it relates to access and clinical treatment pathways.
- Ensure data collection, presentation and ongoing analysis of all technical and clinical performance metrics as defined in the annual operating plan i.e. critical test, patient safety events, employee safety events etc. Prepares data quarterly for department's Committee.
- Resource and staff for the department, including meeting management, agenda and minutes in conjunction with Physician Director.
- Orients new staff/trainees and educates current staff regarding current and annual revised policies and processes, and set up systems for monitoring and managing compliance with goals. Assists with content management of Portal page and bidwiki as a reference for staff.
- Manages the online Quality Improvement reporting system: Ensures timely and satisfactory review of cases, data trending, and coordinates root case analysis of all sentinel events (along with the Department of Health Care Quality).
- Work with others to ensure ongoing training and compliance with requirements and preparedness for TJC and quality certification site visits.
- Partners with Physician Director to help prepare QA grand rounds, and works on departmental QA projects. Coordinates submissions for annual Silverman Day posters.
- Monitor and document follow up of cases communicated via online critical results reporting system
- Represents the department and interfaces with other departments inside and outside the hospital around patient safety issues as they arise.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing required. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- License Registered Nurse required.
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Work requires verbal, analytical and interpersonal skills with at least three years of progressive related experience in a health care setting.
- Must be able to work in a fast-pasted environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Age based Competencies:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Actor John Krasinski spreads some good news at BIDMC
BIDMC Named Top 25 Hospitals in the Nation to Work For
BIDMC recognized as a leader in “LGBTQ Healthcare Equality”
How to Apply