Public Relations / Corporate Communications Strategist
Why Mount Nittany Health?
At Mount Nittany Health, we provide high-quality patient care by combining the latest in clinical technology with the compassionate expertise of our medical professionals. We are committed to improving both the quality and availability of healthcare in our region and seek to hire only the best individuals to support the communities we serve.
Under the direction of the Director, Brand & Community Engagement the Public Relations and Corporate Communications Strategist creates impactful internal and external communications for Mount Nittany Health audiences, ranging from current and prospective patients to media, community leaders, donors, and internal staff. The strategist consults with MNH subject matter experts, conducts necessary background research, gathers data, and garners resources to establish a messaging framework, public relations strategic plan, and stakeholder “Toolbox” that effectively supports the organization’s mission, vision, and goals and resonates with patients, staff, and friends of MNH. The strategist also collaborates with team members to prepare both proactive and reactive communications for media on behalf of the executive team and board of trustees.
1) Bachelor's degree in a related field, which may include liberal arts, business, communications, marketing, healthcare, or similar field.
1) 5 years professional experience in a relevant field, preferably in executive communications.
2) Extensive experience writing communications for varied audiences and occasions, including board meetings, staff meetings, and external public presentations – all written with compelling data and insights.
3) Experience working with media and advising executive leadership on complex communications.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
1) The strategist is an accomplished communicator and storyteller with exceptional written and oral communications skills (speech and presentation writing, business writing, public speaking).
2) Exceptional business writing, editing, storytelling, fact-checking and proofreading skills to deliver a message that is clear, accurate and persuasive.
3) Must be able to work proficiently in a fast-paced, changing environment.
4) Must possess high personal motivation supporting a strong work ethic, flexibility, and creativity.
5) Must possess the ability to inspire trust and confidence from executive leadership, and maintain a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality.
6) Must possess a strong understanding of media relations.