You can make a difference in people’s lives every day. When you join UCLA Health, you’ll be working at an institution that provides leading-edge care to the people of L.A. and throughout the world. We provide our team members with the environment and support to do amazing work, because each and every one of them plays a vital role in our commitment to care.
- PhD in Clinical Psychology, Psy, Doctor of Psychology from an American Psychological Association-approved program and completion of an approved internship
- Licensed for the practice of psychology in California
- Demonstrated ability to conduct brief psychotherapy and crisis intervention
- Demonstrated skills in consultation work with professional and non-professional colleagues
- Demonstrated skills in written and oral communication
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate and intervene with severely psychologically disturbed clients
- Knowledge of applicable laws and ethics pertaining to mental health
- Ability to work with a diverse population and provide care trauma informed care including racial trauma
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team member in an interdisciplinary environment
- Knowledge of the EMR and basic computer skills, e.g. Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Flexibility to provide some evenings and weekend coverage
- Minimum of two years of professional experience in a mental health setting
- Minimum of one year in a student counseling or student mental health setting
- Knowledge of the medical school and residency training environments and of the developmental issues of medical students and house staff
I've been blessed to touch so many lives through my serving. It's a privilege to uplift other employees with words of encouragement and a smile.
The first thing i noticed when i joined the team was how everyone is very welcoming and friendly with supportive management. I did not feel like an outsider.
Once I joined, I knew UCLA Health was THE place to be due to the growth potential and training offered