Psychiatric Technician – Lanham Partial Hospitalization – Full Time/Weekdays
Category: Behavioral Health
Location: Lanham, MD
Posted Date: September 14, 2021
General responsibilities include oversight of patients, milieu management, transportation, and assisting with the facilitation of groups. Performs patient care duties and selected services under the direct supervision of the MH Clinician. The individual must have a clear understanding of age related development issues and mental health.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Oversees patient activities and maintains competency to care for patients by setting limits on patient’s behavior and intervening to decrease the inappropriate behavior of patients under the direction of the MH Clinician.
- Interacts with patients both individually and in a variety of group modalities. Encourages independent decision making when and where appropriate and communicates with the team members concerning inappropriate or risk taking behaviors.
- Assists in orienting new patients concerning treatment expectations; maintains accurate and complete chart documentation as needed.
- Transports patients to and from the program as necessary.
- Performs inventory of required treatment materials and replenishes as needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- One year experience in a mental health environment.
- Valid Maryland driver’s license and a driving record with no more than two (2) points.
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands: Very Heavy
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will not be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
Very heavy work. Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force frequently, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.
First step is to join our talent community for the latest news.
Create your talent profile to receive customized job alerts and the latest company information.
Current employees should click on the button to search jobs, login and manage job agents, check application status, and more.
Important Information about CPR (BLS) requirements for Anne Arundel Medical Center. (Note: this downloads a word document)