Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner – Consult Liaison .5
Category: Physician/Physician Assistant
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posted Date: April 1, 2021
This position provides psychiatric consultation to patients being served in hospital medical/surgical units (or hospital emergency department as appropriate) who have related behavioral health diagnoses. Services are provided under the rules regulations, and policies established by the approved job description of the State of Maryland, Maryland Board of Nursing, American Nursing Association and AAHS.
Essential Job Duties:
- Provides behavioral health consultative evaluations of hospitalized patients.
- Provides education and counsel appropriate to the medical needs of the patient.
- Communicates with attending medical physicians regarding recommended psychiatric treatments/ therapy.
- Maintains current licensure and continuing medical education credits as required by Maryland State Law.
- Communicates treatment / therapy progress with individuals who have the responsibility or control in patient care intervention.
- Recommends referral of patients to appropriate aftercare as condition or circumstances warrant.
- Participates in psychiatric call rotation as scheduled.
- Performs duties in accordance with established routine procedures as set forth by the State of Maryland, Maryland Board of Nursing, American Nursing Association and AAHS policies.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing as a Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP).
- Minimum of four (4) years of related psychiatric clinical nursing experience in addition to training as PMHNP.
- Current Board Certification as Nurse Practitioner.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
First step is to join our talent community for the latest news.
Create your talent profile to receive customized job alerts and the latest company information.
Current employees should click on the button to search jobs, login and manage job agents, check application status, and more.
Important Information about CPR (BLS) requirements for Anne Arundel Medical Center. (Note: this downloads a word document)