Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner HIRING NOW!
FT 40 HRS
19 days agoRequisition ID: 1423
The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner coordinates psychiatric services with the Behavioral Health Director and Psychiatrist as well as provides direct services to patients with mental health issues, substance abuse disorders and dual diagnosis. Duties include but are not limited to: evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of psychiatric conditions; issuing prescriptions and maintenance of all clients on psychotropic medication; assumes leadership role in case conferences and in-service training of staff; actively participates in peer and utilization review. This position is grant funded.
If not already obtained, candidate must obtain waiver to prescribe Suboxone for patients with opioid dependence within the first 2 months of employment.
- Prescribes and maintains all clients on psychotropic medication.
- Evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of psychiatric conditions.
- Participates in diagnostic formulations and development of treatment plans for patients.
- Takes a leadership role in case conferences and in-service training of staff and provides overview of medical problems and organic psychiatric and neurological problems.
- Participates in Utilization Review Committee at Health Centers.
- Provides 24 hour emergency coverage on a consultation basis for medication and hospitalization emergencies involving Health Center patients.
- Provides psychiatric consultation to primary care medical providers and participates in peer and utilization review.
- Participates in training of Behavioral Health Department interns and staff, and other agency staff as needed, as arranged with Behavioral Health Department Director.
- Actively collaborates with the Office Based Addiction Treatment (OBAT) and Patient Center Medical Home Care Teams.
- Completes encounter forms and documents care appropriately and timely using proper coding.
- Precepts interns/students as needed.
Required/Preferred Education/Experience and Skills:
• Master of Science in Nursing, Current Certified Clinical Nurse Specialist
• Current DEA and MCSR license, CPR/BLS
• Experience prescribing psychotropic medications to youth under 18 years of age preferred
• Two years of experience prescribing psychotropic medication to adult psychiatric patients with license
• One year of experience working in a community health center setting highly desired
• Exceptional interpersonal skills
• Computer Literate including Word, Excel, Outlook and experience working with EMR.
Harbor Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D.