Why Mount Nittany Health?
At Mount Nittany Health, we provide high-quality patient care with a unique combination of the latest in clinical technology and compassionate medical professionals. We are committed to improving both the quality and availability of healthcare in our region and seek to hire only the best to support the communities we serve.
Provides patient care as directed. Responsible for assisting with assessments, participating in planning patient care, assisting with crisis intervention, and working with the treatment team toward patient recovery
1) Baccalaureate degree in Psychology, Social work, Sociology or related behavioral science.
1) Preference given to individuals with previous counseling experience in a mental health setting.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
1) Demonstrates ability to work cooperatively and communicate effectively with others.
2) Demonstrates ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
3) Possess physical strength necessary to subdue and restrain out-of-control patients.
1) Meets the American Heart Association’s standards for Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support (BLS) and renews BLS every two years.
2) Within three months from the hire/transfer date, completes the Crisis Prevention Institute’s (CPI) Nonviolent Crisis Intervention training and renews annually.