Psych Studies, Interviewer
Req ID: 36535BR
Job Summary: This person will conduct comprehensive diagnostic and clinical assessments. Qualifications include a masters level degree in Psychology or a related mental health field and prior experience in diagnostic-clinical interviewing and/or therapeutic work with individiuals with psychiatic disorders. The ideal candidate will have experience with children and adolescents with a range of psychological disorders and their families, structured interviews and clinical research, familiarity with Boston-area youth services and schools, and will be available for occasional evening or weekend assessments.
- Perform interviews and cognitive assessments of patients and potential subjects for Psychiatry research studies using standardized assessment tools. The goals of these interviews are to assess level of impairment, gather information that will assist clinicians with diagnosis, and assess eligibility in research studies.
- Supports data gathering, entry and management efforts by providing results of interviews to data manager in a timely manner.
- Supports study coordination (assisting with consenting and scheduling participants and study meetings, IRB paperwork, ensuring protocol compliance by study staff.
- Master's degree required. Master's degree in Psychology or Psychiatry or Social Work preferred.
- License Lic Clinical Social Worker preferred.
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Prior experience working with adolescents and their families, an understanding of psychological disorders, structured interviewing and clinical research, and familiarity with Boston-area youth services and schools.
- Prior experience and training in Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) is a plus as well as other psychotherapy experience.
- Strong verbal and organizational skills, attention to detail, and availability 1-2 times per week for evening assessments and groups.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Age based Competencies:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 .
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally