State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Project Manager, Research
Req ID: 38633BR
Job Summary: The Project Manager will perform a wide variety of duties to help the Principal Investigator coordinate all phases of clinical research, assist in the creation and management of appropriate infrastructure necessary to support clinical research programs and research activities.
Department Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Is devoted to the running and management of a multi-center clinical research study.
- Closely interacts with other sites/outside institutions to meet regulatory, study and training requirements is required
- Works closely with study data analyst and biostatistician to generate enrolment reports and data audits
- Provides leadership in developing and implementing projects. Works closely with senior administrators to facilitate the team's work and coordinate or manage the team's initiatives and projects.
- Manages multiple large and smaller complex projects simultaneously.
- Partners with sponsors and team leaders to strategize team project plans. Focuses on critical success factors, project milestones and deliverables and develops contingency plans.
- Leads project team meetings, including a review of action plans and tracking of project milestones. Updates action plans weekly and prompts accountable individuals to insure timely task completion. Supports activities of project teams and maintains accurate documentation of team minutes.
- Designs communication strategies for project progress. Ensures timely and consistent communication of project priorities, status, timelines, and deliverables to the user community.
- Designs data collection methods and data analyses to support team efforts. Interprets and reports data to a variety of audiences and uses data to make recommendations for process improvements.
- Ensures appropriate project prioritization and requests for resources. Ensures projects are appropriately managed and delivered on time, within budget, to meet the strategic and operational needs of the department.
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree in Business or Healthcare preferred.
- 3-5 years related work experience required.
- Experience or training in project management.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Experience in meeting facilitation and the ability to lead group discussions.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to lead collaborative teams for larger projects or groups both internal and external to the Medical Center and across functional areas. Results have implications for the management and operations of multiple areas of the organization.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Actor John Krasinski spreads some good news at BIDMC
BIDMC Named Top 25 Hospitals in the Nation to Work For
BIDMC recognized as a leader in “LGBTQ Healthcare Equality”
How to Apply