Project Manager I, Implementation Science "Job Details"
Winston-Salem, NC, United States
Professional / Management
- Medical Center Blvd, Winston Salem, NC, 27157, US
10/05/2021, 07:06 AM
Under administrative review, performs management level work directed toward the planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of the assigned project: P50 iDAPT. Requires the use of judgment and discretion in performing the assigned duties and responsibilities related to the project. These actions tend to establish precedents and direction for the project.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline such as Psychology, Nursing, or Basic Science with three years of relevant administrative and medical experience in research projects or other health related activities; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience. Supervisory ability. Master's degree in a relevant discipline with experience beyond three years preferred.
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrates knowledge of scientific principles.
- Manage and oversee the planning, development, and implementation of the grant to ensure successful completion of project tasks and timelines
- Provide support to Multi-Principal Investigators for iDAPT to manage activities associated with the three cores of the center: Administrative Core, Research Core, and Implementation Laboratory.
- Support the development and dissemination of grant materials and activities in collaboration with Principal Investigators and the NCI as part of the Implementation Science Centers consortium.
- Serve as liaison between the Wake Forest School of Medicine research team and The University of Massachusetts Medical School research team, the subcontract organization.
- Ensure that the study is conducted in accordance to the study protocol, IRB regulations, and adhere to NIH regulations and guidelines.
- Manage all aspects of the IRB review.
- Coordinate and participate in all team meetings, including site visits.
- Coordinate and manage complex travel arrangements, including the submission of expenses and reimbursements in a timely manner.
- Coordinate the Implementation Science Consortium in Cancer (ISCC) Meeting to be hosted by Wake Forest School of Medicine, in collaboration with the Chair and Steering Committee Members of the National Cancer Institute.
- Participate in monthly calls with the Project Managers Task Force – National Cancer Institute.
- Monitor and collaborate with the Department of Implementation Science Business Administrator to manage and support the grant monthly budget. Compile and prepare financial progress reports as requested; process payments and reimbursements for External Advisory Board consultants and cooperate with the Office of Sponsored Projects.
- In partnership with the PIs and study team, support the strategic direction of the Center and ensure milestones are met in a timely and efficient way.
- Support the completion of annual progress reports to the NIH.
Clean, well lit office environment
Wake Forest Baptist Health and Atrium Health have joined forces in a strategic combination that will enhance care, transform medical education and create economic opportunity for countless lives in North Carolina and beyond. As a part of that combination, the two health systems will be integrating technology and platforms, including our career sites.
This means that although you are applying on the Wake Forest Baptist Health Career Site, you receive communications from the Atrium Health Recruitment Team. Please know that this is an expected process, and thanks in advance for your flexibility.
Wake Forest Baptist Health (www.WakeHealth.edu) is a nationally recognized academic health system in Winston-Salem, North Carolina, with an integrated enterprise including educational and research facilities, hospitals, clinics, diagnostic centers, and other primary and specialty care facilities serving 24 counties in northwest North Carolina and southwest Virginia.
It comprises: a regional clinical system with more than 300 locations, 2,100 physicians and 1,535 acute care beds; Wake Forest School of Medicine; and Wake Forest Innovations, which promotes the commercialization of research discoveries and operates Innovation Quarter, an urban research and business park specializing in biotechnology, materials science and information technology. Wake Forest Baptist’s clinical, research and educational programs are consistently ranked among the best in the country.
About the Team
Wake Forest Baptist Health's mission is to improve the health of our region, state and nation by:
- Generating and translating knowledge to prevent, diagnose and treat disease.
- Training leaders in health care and biomedical science.
- Serving as the premier health system in our region, with specific centers of excellence recognized as national and international care destination.
Wake Forest Baptist Health is a preeminent learning health system that promotes better health for all through collaboration, excellence and innovation.
- Demonstrate the highest standards of patient-centered care, education, research and operational effectiveness
- Responsive to the physical, emotional, spiritual and intellectual needs of all
- Cultivate selfless contribution for the greater good
- Demonstrate fairness, honesty, sincerity and accountability
- Demonstrate respect for and inclusion of all backgrounds, identities, experiences, and perspectives
- Foster mutual respect, facilitate professional growth and mentorship, and reward teamwork and collaboration
- Promote creativity to enhance discovery and the application of knowledge
- Embrace a culture of reliability through better process design and accountability
Patient and Family Promise
We promise to:
- Keep you safe.
- Care for you.
- Involve you and your family.
- Respect you and your time.