Job ID: 90790
Area of Interest: Professionals
Location: Towson,MD US
Hours of Work: 8A -4P
Job Facility: UM St. Joseph Medical Center
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:
Full-Time – Day
We are looking for talented professionals to join our team at University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center.
When you come to University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center, you’re coming to more than simply a beautiful 37-acre, 224- bed suburban Towson, MD campus. You’re embarking on a professional journey that encourages opportunities, values a team atmosphere, and makes convenience and flexibility a priority.
As a team member at St. Joseph Medical Center, you’ll experience:
- A supportive and collaborative work environment
- A comprehensive benefits package including health, vision and dental coverage including prescription drug coverage – Tax-Free Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, and generous paid time off.
- Free Parking & On-Site Fitness Center
- Recognition: We have a positive points recognition program designed to reward and recognize our outstanding employees; employees can also recognize their peers
- On-Site Daycare
With limited supervision, manages all aspects of a multiple projects from a diverse project portfolio. This includes organizing and leading teams and ensuring accountability of team members, developing project plans and schedules, managing issues, risks, costs, managing to schedule and scope and communicating at all levels of the organization.
Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
- Lead and drive accountability to team members and deliver project success, every time. Must possess an ambitious attitude and willingness to do what it takes to deliver projects on time and within budget. Persistent follow up to make sure project stays on track.
- Plan, coordinate and monitor all project activities ensuring all deliverables meet quality and performance objectives.
- Bridge client, technical and clinical areas to assess and develop end user, business and service requirements and translate into solution designs across people, process and technology. Assists in the translation of business and clinical requirements into practical solutions that can be implemented.
- Understands and articulates the project’s business value and associated metrics.
- Develop project plans specifying goals, strategy, dependencies, staffing, scheduling, identification of risks, contingency plans, and allocation of available resources.
- Maintain a high level of communication with internal and external teams; providing clear, tactful, and complete directives, realistic deliverable deadlines and prompt feedback.
- Works with Sr. Project Manager to determine commonalities/differences within the team members’ goals, values and problem-solving styles to get an understanding on how to generate multiple alternatives in leading group to achieve a result.
- Provides assistance with quality assurance tools and processes. Seek an understanding of project interdependencies in order to effectively work with others on potential impacts.
- Manage scope and the change request process, coordinating decision making of scope and budgetary impact of changes from original specifications.
- Builds effective networks of internal and external subject matter expert contacts including managers.
- Coordinates and facilitates project meetings and communications in order to meet milestones and due dates
What You Need to Be Successful:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare, Business, or related field. Can substitute 10+ years of Project Management in Healthcare with current PMP certification.
- A minimum of three (3) years progressively responsible experience in a clinical or business setting is preferred.
- Two (2) years of project coordination, including leading cross functional level projects, or related experience is preferred. Surgical / procedural experience highly preferred.
- Recognized industry certifications (PMP, Prince2, CSM, CBAP, PMI-ACP, etc.) receive preference.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW