State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Job Location: Boston, MA
Req ID: 39310BR
Job Summary: This position is a key member of project teams that are responsible for implementing major projects to change or enhance business practices, processes and systems for the department. Draws on a broad understanding of the medical center and departmental practices and policies,
Department Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Provides assistance to the Vice President of Ambulatory Operations through coordination of multiple initiatives and projects across ambulatory services in support of performance improvement work in the areas of revenue cycle, patient access and contact centers, clinical practices operations, and regulatory readiness.
- Performs root cause analysis to solve problems and interprets and analyzes data to centrally drive performance improvement. Provides direction and support to ambulatory practice leadership in assessing, planning, implementing and sustaining change in the practices.
- Uses project management tools and techniques to ensure reliable, timely, and regular reporting of project status and implementation to project teams.
- Leads educational effort and workshops to disseminate knowledge to ambulatory practice leadership on how to improve ambulatory dashboard performance metrics.
- Provides leadership in developing and implementing projects. Works closely with senior administrators to facilitate the team's work and coordinate or manage the team's initiatives and projects.
- Manages multiple large and smaller complex projects simultaneously.
- Partners with sponsors and team leaders to strategize team project plans. Focuses on critical success factors, project milestones and deliverables and develops contingency plans.
- Leads project team meetings, including a review of action plans and tracking of project milestones. Updates action plans weekly and prompts accountable individuals to insure timely task completion. Supports activities of project teams and maintains accurate documentation of team minutes.
- Designs communication strategies for project progress. Ensures timely and consistent communication of project priorities, status, timelines, and deliverables to the user community.
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree in Business or Healthcare preferred.
- 3-5 years related work experience required.
- Experience or training in project management.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access and other web-based applications. May produce complex documents, perform analysis and maintain databases.
- Experience in meeting facilitation and the ability to lead group discussions.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to lead collaborative teams for larger projects or groups both internal and external to the Medical Center and across functional areas. Results have implications for the management and operations of multiple areas of the organization.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Actor John Krasinski spreads some good news at BIDMC
BIDMC Named Top 25 Hospitals in the Nation to Work For
BIDMC recognized as a leader in “LGBTQ Healthcare Equality”
How to Apply