Project Lead Ryan White Programs
FT 40 HRS
3 days agoRequisition ID: 1448
The Project Lead, Ryan White Programs provides leadership and oversight of Ryan White grant-funded programs across Harbor Health, with special emphasis on driving quality management, patient/consumer engagement, and achievement of program goals and deliverables.
In this capacity, the Project Lead provides direct administrative supervision to Program Managers, HIV Nurse, ID Clinical Care Specialist, and the Dental Project Specialist. The Project Lead works within a multidisciplinary team and with the HIV (or Site) Medical Director on ensuring a high level of Clinical Quality in relation to clinical performance standards. This is a grant funded position.
- Serves as Project Lead for Ryan White Part A and Part C grant-funded programs with higher-level project management responsibilities including communication with funders; assurance of program compliance with funder deliverables and expectations; chart audits; budget oversight and timely tracking and submission of deliverables and reports.
- Hires, trains, and provides administrative supervision to Ryan White Part A and Part C program managers, HIV nurse, ID clinical care specialist, and dental project specialist.
- Provides direct clinical supervision to case managers and crisis response support for client cases as needed if licensed and applicable or arranges for clinical supervision from other providers.
- Collaborates with HIV nurse and ID Clinical Care Specialist to coordinate biweekly multidisciplinary patient review meetings before infectious disease clinics.
- Collaborates with the Program Manager, Medical Case Management to provide supervision and case consultation, audits of documentation, review of case managers’ documentation and patients’ charts, and chair case conferences.
- Manages the Ryan White Dental program including chart reviews, supervision and program development.
- Leads the quality management program, including chairing and organizing monthly quality management meetings; collaborating with the Grants Manager and Director of Community Relations to set the quality strategy; writing the annual Quality Management Plan; presenting QM initiatives to the multidisciplinary team; completing annual clinical performance standard updates; setting and running PDSA’s and managing the data collection, tracking, and reporting process.
- Attends quarterly Statewide Quality Meetings for Ryan White Part C programs, bimonthly Boston Public Health Commission CQM meetings bimonthly for Ryan White Part A programs, providers meetings and other conferences and meetings as appropriate.
- Leads the consumer engagement effort, including organizing a consumer advisory board, initiating consumer focus groups and conducting an annual consumer survey.
- Directs patient/client engagement activities and communications, serving as point of patient and client contact and assistance as needed.
- Manages and submits the annual Part A & C Ryan White Services Report (RSR), including working with contract consultant to review and refine data, identify and explain data gaps, review charts, and input data into the HRSA Electronic Handbook.
- Actively participates in Electronic Medical Record (EMR)migration project to ensure data preservation, reporting capacity and other on-going needs are met.
- Collaborates with the Director of Community Relations, Grants Manager, and Part A and Part C team members and providers to identify opportunities to further develop, streamline and expand Ryan White program services in Harbor’s geographic areas.
- Collaborates with Grants Manager, Finance, and Billing Teams on project management of Cap on Charges/Sliding Scale Fee programs and program income tracking.
- Ensures HIV policies are up to date and compliant with Part A and Part C grant requirements.
- Collaborates with Program Managers and Grants Manager for Part C quarterly calls and Part A monthly calls, including data analysis and budget status.
- Works with the Grants Manager and Director of Community Relations on competing and non-competing applications for Ryan White Programs.
- Coordinates monthly Ryan White Department Meetings.
- Attends HIV/AIDS Bureau Division of Community HIV/AIDS Programs (DCHAP) Stakeholders Calls and Associated Webinars.
- Reviews and monitors Memorandums of Understanding with AIDS Service Organizations to ensure accuracy and currency.
- Actively participates in preparation for Part A annual site visits and Part C site visits every 3-5 years.
Required/Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Public Health or related field preferred.
- Current LICSW (independent licensure) preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of direct social service or public health experience required, with a minimum of 2 years in complex case management and/or high-risk care management.
- Minimum of 3 years in a supervisory role preferred.
- Experience in a medical, community health, or healthcare setting preferred.
- Knowledge of chronic illness preferably with people living with HIV/AIDS preferred.
- Experience with Ryan White funded programs preferred.
- Experience working as part of a multi-disciplinary team in a healthcare setting.
- Experience leading grant-funded projects including budget management, quality improvement and/or consumer engagement efforts preferred.
- Strong project management skills.
- Experience using an electronic medical record (NextGen or OCHIN/Epic) preferred
- Experience using the HRSA Electronic Handbook preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
Harbor Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D.