Programmer, Quality & Clinical Operations in Brentwood, TN at Health Support Center
Date Posted: 5/9/2021
- Employee Type:
Day shift, 7-10 hr/shift, weekdays only
- Job Type:
LifePoint Health was founded in 1999 on the idea that everyone deserves quality healthcare close to home and that strong healthcare creates strong communities. We began with a network of 23 hospitals in non-urban markets across the nation united by a singular mission: Making Communities Healthier. We are a financially strong company with significant healthcare operations expertise. We recognize that every community has unique healthcare needs, and for more than 17 years, we have worked to ensure the highest standards of quality care and excellent service to patients at each of our locations by understanding and responding to these needs. LifePoint has a track record of investing in state-of-the-art technology, facility improvements, physician recruitment and staff development. We give each of the facilities and providers within our network the resources they need to deliver high quality care and services to their communities and succeed in today’s healthcare marketplace.
LifePoint Health- Health Support Center
The Programmer, Quality & Clinical Operations will be responsible for supporting the programming and reporting needs of the Quality and Clinical Operations Department at LifePoint Health’s Hospital Support Center (HSC) in Brentwood, Tennessee. This role is vital for ensuring that reported data is reliable such that individuals using the data to make informed decisions trust that the information is credible.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: To perform this job, an individual must perform each essential function satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Apply SQL programming language (and other languages such as Python, R, or as needed) to assist the Quality Data and Analytics team develop reports, dashboards, and predictive analytics
- Abstract multivariate and disparate data from a cloud-based environment and other internal and external reporting systems for monthly data stewardship activities and monthly (or more frequent) reporting and report updates in multiple reporting platforms
- Create Microsoft PowerBI dashboards, and other reporting tools, to facilitate the democratization of data among non-programming users (hospitals, clinical staff, etc)
- Monitor, identify, and manage the resolution of data quality issues, working closely with the Operations Analytics & Reporting (OAR) team, HSC staff, and hospital staff, as needed
- Ensure that data management methodologies include the steps, activities, and deliverables required to consistently achieve high data quality
- Document programming and process flows clearly and regularly
- Respond in a timely manner to ad hoc development and reporting requests from organizational leadership, and tackling challenges with limited available information
- Serve as a liaison between leaders, technology, and project teams
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Position primarily serves internal co-workers.
Access to and/or works with sensitive and/or confidential information.
Exhibit a comprehensive understanding of healthcare regulatory and compliance (e.g., HIPAA). Skilled in the application of policies and procedures. Knowledge of Business Office Standards and Recommended Practices.
Not responsible for supervising employees.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Experience: 3+ years of experience
Skills and Abilities:
- Statistical Mathematical Skills -- Ability to work with mathematical and algebraic concepts such as probability, statistical inference, and forecasting. Ability to apply and analyze concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Advanced Technical Computer Skills -- Utilize complex computer operations (intermediate / advance programming, relational databases, and operating systems) and advanced features of software packages.
- Complex Communication -- Frequently communicates complex information and interacts with management. Can present, resolve and address delicate situations. Can motivate and persuade others.
- Organizational Impact -- Decisions have significant, broad implications for the management and operations of a division. Job contributes to decisions on the overall strategy and direction of LifePoint.
Nature of Problems
- Varied Business Problems -- Problems are varied and complex, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation. Problems are solved using knowledge and skills, general precedents and practices.
- Moderate Independent Judgement -- Results are defined; sets personal own goals and determines how to achieve results with few or no guidelines to follow; supervisor/manager provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Moderate -- Handle multiple tasks simultaneously with moderate complexity.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit for extended periods of time; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, bend, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Repetitive motion of upper body required for extended use of computer. Required specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
Works in well-lit, ventilated and climate controlled office environment with routine office equipment; some equipment has moving mechanical parts.
Noise level in the work environment is typical for an office and/or hospital environment.
Minimum overnight travel (up to 10%) by land and/or air
LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans’ status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
CHECK OUT OUR SIMILAR JOBS
LifePoint Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans' status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
"LifePoint Health" is a trade name used to refer to an organization of affiliated entities that own and operate hospitals and other healthcare providers in more than 80 communities. LifePoint Health, Inc. is a holding company only. It does not own or operate hospitals or healthcare providers and does not have any employees. When terms such as "LifePoint" or "LifePoint Health" or "we" or "us" are used herein, they refer to LifePoint Health, Inc. and its operating subsidiaries. When terms such as "hospital" or "provider" or "facility" are used herein, they refer to the hospitals or other healthcare providers that are wholly owned and operated by subsidiaries of LifePoint Health, Inc. Finally, when terms such as "LifePoint employees" or "our employees" are used herein, they refer to individuals employed by subsidiaries of LifePoint Health, Inc.