Processing Specialist II
Why Mount Nittany Health?
At Mount Nittany Health, we provide high-quality patient care with a unique combination of the latest in clinical technology and compassionate medical professionals. We are committed to improving both the quality and availability of healthcare in our region and seek to hire only the best to support the communities we serve.
NOTE: This is a temporary position for a minimum of 4 months at which time it will be reevaluated.
Provides physician, clinical and billing staff support to ensure the completion of the Medical Record to meet accrediting standards and the Medical Staff Rules and Regulations. Performs miscellaneous clerical duties, scanning and uploading, and quantitative/qualitative analysis.
1. High School graduate or equivalent.
2. Graduate of an approved Health Information Management Technology or Medical Secretarial program preferred.
1. No previous work experience required.
2. Two years of relevant experience in health related field preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
1. Strong desire to be successful
2. Passionate and hard working
3. Provide great customer service to both internal and external customers both in person and on the phone.
4. Communication skills necessary to approach medical staff, hospital personnel, ancillary department, etc., for any clarification regarding record questions or documentation concerns.
5. Ability to work well with a team and independently.
6. Ability to accept and adapt to new and changing work requirements/assignments and priorities.
7. Demonstrates a cooperative, positive and helpful attitude toward peers.
8. Fosters a spirit of teamwork by seeking out opportunities to assist others.
9. Offers to help other employees to ensure timely completion of daily departmental work.
10. Accepts additional assignments from management as required, meets time frames as indicated.
11. Assists management in any task oriented job function to maintain effective, timely record flow and to expedite cash flow.
1. Phone (mobile/desk)
2. Knowledge and Experience with Meditech Expanse
3. Competent navigating a personal computer using all functions of Windows
4. Competent keying ability
5. Ability to learn Adobe Acrobat DC
6. Ability to use a printer
7. Ability to use Accuroute faxing
1. None required.