Primary Care Physician
Location Glenwood, Illinois, United States of America Category Physicians Job Id R0014658
ChenMed is transforming healthcare for seniors. We provide big answers to big problems in health care delivery. ChenMed is a full-risk primary care market leader with an innovative philosophy, unique physician culture and end-to-end customized technology. These things allow us to provide world-class primary care and coordinated care to the most vulnerable population – moderate- to low-income seniors who have complex chronic diseases.
Through our innovative operating model, physician-led culture and empowering technology, we are able to drive key quality and cost outcomes that create value for patients, physicians and the overall health system. Our model allows us to practice medicine the way it should be practiced. By recruiting focused physicians and reducing their doctor-to-patient ratios, we increase patients’ “face time” during each monthly appointment and help foster stronger doctor-patient relationships. Our model also drives and enhances compliance with treatment plans.
As a result of our efforts, our patients realize lower hospital admissions. Their overwhelming response to our approach is reflected in our aggressive, organic growth and net promoter scores in the low to mid 90s, which is unheard of in any industry. Read more about our results and the value of the ChenMed model.
As a company, we are making a difference in the lives of seniors and the health care system overall.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides medical patient care by interviewing, examining and treating of clinical patients in order to meet their medical needs.
- Educates patients on wellness, prevention and early detection by providing materials and resources to the patients and families.
- Determines which referrals are required based on examination and patient needs.
- Determines level of urgency of follow-up, referral/consultation appointments.
- Exercises final medical judgment in all issues of health care.
- Prescribes medical treatment and clinical drugs to patients.
- Orders studies, test and ancillary services.
- Documents all services in patient medical record.
- Reviews on a regular basis long term cases that require ongoing medical attention.
- Assists in the resolution of complaints, requests and inquiries from patients.
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient information according to federal guidelines and regulations.
- Other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of and ability to apply professional medical principles, procedures, and techniques.
- Thorough knowledge of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills along with proper telephone etiquette.
- Performs in a tactful and professional manner
- Fluent in English.
At ChenMed, If you are an innovative, entreprenuerial minded, over-achiever who is extremely passionate in helping people and revolutionizing Healthcare again, we are that dynamic and exciting company you are looking for!
After applying, we encourage you to "follow" us on LinkedIn (ChenMed) as well! This way you can stay informed and up to date on what’s happening around our organization and start your path to becoming part of our FAMILY!
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- Medical degree from an accredited school and licensed to practice in state desired
- Current DEA and DPS Certificate of Registration
- Minimum two (2) years of direct work or intern experience
The Physician is a licensed/Board Certified/Board Eligible trained professional in a specialty medicine who plays a key role as part of the clinical operations team providing direct patient care and providing assessments primarily in the ambulatory health care center setting, or occasionally in acute care, nursing homes, skilled nursing facilities (SNF) and home settings depending on the nature of the assignment. The responsibilities include but are not limited to: geriatric assessment, medical history, physical exam, diagnosis and treatment, development of the plan of care, health education, specialty referrals, case management referrals, follow-up and clear documentation according to ChenMed standards for quality, service, productivity and teamwork. It also includes the participation in clinical rounds and conferences plus in-depth documentation through written progress notes and summaries. The Physician will be required to demonstrate the ability to function both independently and in collaboration with other health care professionals. The Physician will consult with the applicable managers and medical directors to ensure compliance with guidelines along with participating in risk and quality management programs, clinical meetings and other meetings as required. The Physician will adhere to strict departmental goals/objectives, standards of performance, regulatory compliance, quality patient care compliance, and policies and procedures.
Get notified for similar jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts
Enter Email address (Required)
Get tailored job recommendations based on your interests.
Primary Care Physician
Location Dolton, Illinois, United States of America Category Physicians Posted Date 01/05/2021
Life at ChenMed
Meet Our Team
David Guerra MD, Medical Director