Primary Care Physician
Location Riviera Beach, Florida, United States of America Category Physicians Job Id R0014383
ChenMed is transforming healthcare for seniors. We provide big answers to big problems in health care delivery. ChenMed is a full-risk primary care market leader with an innovative philosophy, unique physician culture and end-to-end customized technology. These things allow us to provide world-class primary care and coordinated care to the most vulnerable population – moderate- to low-income seniors who have complex chronic diseases.
Through our innovative operating model, physician-led culture and empowering technology, we are able to drive key quality and cost outcomes that create value for patients, physicians and the overall health system. Our model allows us to practice medicine the way it should be practiced. By recruiting focused physicians and reducing their doctor-to-patient ratios, we increase patients’ “face time” during each monthly appointment and help foster stronger doctor-patient relationships. Our model also drives and enhances compliance with treatment plans.
As a result of our efforts, our patients realize lower hospital admissions. Their overwhelming response to our approach is reflected in our aggressive, organic growth and net promoter scores in the low to mid 90s, which is unheard of in any industry. Read more about our results and the value of the ChenMed model.
As a company, we are making a difference in the lives of seniors and the health care system overall.
Chen Senior Medical Center is hiring a Primary Care Provider for our Lauderhill, FL clinic.
For more than 30 years ChenMed has been delivering unsurpassed patient population. Our staff is comprised of talented Primary Care Internists, Family Practitioners and Geriatricians as well as Specialists who utilize a collaborative and team-based approach enabled by technology to deliver the best care possible to our patients.
Qualifications of a ChenMed Provider:
- Unrestricted Florida MD or DO License
- Board Certified in Internal Medicine or Family Practice
- Fellowship in Geriatric is a PLUS
- At least 1 year of Primary Care experience preferred
- Managed Care Experience preferred
ChenMed Physicians Enjoy:
- Professional satisfaction
- Peer collaboration
- Balanced work life - Monday – Friday work schedule; Clinic Hours 7:30a – 5:00p
- Our successful physicians will full patient panel are earning at or above the 90th percentile of MGMA
- Professional growth and development
Key Characteristics of a ChenMed Practice:
- Physician run organization
- Exclusive focus on complex Medicare patients
- Small panel size
- Complementary concierge services:
- On site Pharmacy Services
- On site Diagnostics
- Free Shuttle Service
At ChenMed, If you are an innovative, entreprenuerial minded, over-achiever who is extremely passionate in helping people and revolutionizing Healthcare again, we are that dynamic and exciting company you are looking for!
After applying, we encourage you to "follow" us on LinkedIn (ChenMed) as well! This way you can stay informed and up to date on what’s happening around our organization and start your path to becoming part of our FAMILY!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
The Primary Care Physician (PCP) is a licensed/Board Certified/Board Eligible trained professional in internal or family medicine who plays a key role as part of the clinical operations team providing direct patient care and providing assessments primarily in the ambulatory health care center setting, or occasionally in acute care, nursing homes, skilled nursing facilities (SNF) and home settings depending on the nature of the assignment. The responsibilities include but are not limited to: geriatric assessment, medical history, physical exam, diagnosis and treatment, development of the plan of care, health education, specialty referrals, case management referrals, follow-up and clear documentation according to ChenMed standards for quality, service, productivity and teamwork. It also includes the participation in clinical rounds and conferences plus in-depth documentation through written progress notes and summaries.
The PCP will be required to demonstrate the ability to function both independently and in collaboration with other health care professionals. The PCP will consult with the applicable managers and medical directors to ensure compliance with guidelines along with participating in risk and quality management programs, clinical meetings and other meetings as required.
The PCP will adhere to strict departmental goals/objectives, standards of performance, regulatory compliance, quality patient care compliance, and policies and procedures.
Key roles, responsibilities and performance measures
Key roles (time allocation)
Clinical Practice (65% year 1 and 2)
Functions independently as a primary care practitioner as part of a patient care team.
Independently assesses acute and non-acute clinical problems. Performs and documents physical assessments and patient histories, analyzes trends in patient conditions, and develops, documents and implements a patient management plan in response to the data obtained. This also includes assisting in the development of the plan of care in addition to providing appropriate patient/ family/significant other counseling and education.
Patient management includes the following: 1) writing admission, transfer and discharge orders; 2) ordering and interpreting appropriate laboratory and diagnostic studies: 3) ordering of appropriate medication and treatments; 4) referring patients for consultation when indicated i.e. dermatology, neurology, ophthalmology, endocrine, surgery, intensive care, infectious disease, hematology, psychiatry, social service, dietary, etc.;
5) Documentation through in-depth progress notes and summaries.
Participates in patient care rounds and conferences. Communicates patient management strategies to members of the patient care team. Collaborates with members of the multidisciplinary team to ensure that patient management strategies are successful in meeting patient care needs.
Recognizes situations which require the immediate attention and initiates life-saving procedures when necessary.
Leadership (5% year 1 and 2)
Uses advanced communication skills to problem solve complex situations and to improve processes and service to patients.
Collaborates with other multidisciplinary team members to analyze and evaluate current systems of health care delivery to identify and implement new practice patterns as appropriate.
Participates in outside activities that enhance personal and professional growth and development.
Attainment of goals
Continuity/Transition Management-transitioning of the patient to the appropriate level of care needed (20% year 1, 10% year 2)
Initiates arrangements and writes orders for discharges and completes appropriate paperwork.
Works collaboratively with physicians, nurses, PT, social workers, family and key caregivers to transition the patient to a lower level of care as soon as medically appropriate.
Acute care LOS
Advocacy & Education-ensuring the patient has an advocate for needed services and any needed education. (5% year 1 & 2)
Introduce self to patient/family and explain primary care provider role.
Facilitate patient/family conferences to review treatment goals, optimize resource utilization, provide family education and identify needs.
Advance directives/End of Life Planning
Utilization/Financial Management-managing resource utilization and reimbursement for services. (5% year 1& 5% year 2)
Facilitates discharge to appropriate level of care and uses preferred providers when additional services are required.
Referrals to preferred providers
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Competencies for Success
Scientific Foundation Competencies
- Critically analyzes data and evidence for improving clinical practice.
- Integrates knowledge from the humanities and sciences.
- Translates research and other forms of knowledge to improve practice processes and outcomes.
- Develops new practice approaches based on the integration of research, theory, and practice knowledge.
- Assumes complex and advanced leadership roles to initiate and guide change.
- Provides leadership to foster collaboration with multiple stakeholders (e.g. patients, community, integrated health care teams, and policy makers) to improve health care.
- Demonstrates leadership that uses critical and reflective thinking.
- Advocates for improved access, quality and cost effective health care.
- Advances practice through the development and implementation of innovations incorporating principles of change.
- Communicates practice knowledge effectively both orally and in writing.
- Participates in professional organizations and activities that influence health outcomes of a population focus.
- Uses best available evidence to continuously improve quality of clinical practice.
- Evaluates the relationships among quality, safety, access, and cost and their influence on health care.
- Evaluates how organizational structure, care processes, financing, marketing and policy decisions impact the quality of health care.
- Applies skills in peer review to promote a culture of excellence.
- Anticipates variations in practice and is proactive in implementing interventions to ensure quality.
Practice Inquiry Competencies
- Provides leadership in the translation of new knowledge into practice.
- Generates knowledge from clinical practice to improve practice and patient outcomes.
- Applies clinical investigative skills to improve health outcomes.
- Leads practice inquiry, individually or in partnership with others.
- Disseminates evidence from inquiry to diverse audiences using multiple modalities.
- Analyzes clinical guidelines for individualized application into practice.
Technology and Information Literacy Competencies
- Integrates appropriate technologies for knowledge management to improve health care.
- Coaches the patient and caregiver for positive behavioral change.
- Demonstrates information literacy skills in complex decision making.
- Contributes to the design of clinical information systems that promote safe, quality and cost effective care.
- Uses technology systems, with ongoing learning and updates, which capture data on variables for the evaluation of primary care.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the interdependence of policy and practice.
- Advocates for ethical policies that promote access, equity, quality, and cost.
- Analyzes ethical, legal, and social factors influencing policy development.
- Contributes in the development of health policy.
- Analyzes the implications of health policy across disciplines.
- Evaluates the impact of globalization on health care policy development.
EDUCATION / SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Current licensure in the state of practice is required
- Certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support required.
- Board certification in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine is preferred, required to successfully achieve Board certification within 2 years.
- Must have a current DEA number for schedule II-V controlled substances.
- Prefer minimum of one (1) year clinical experience in geriatric, adult of family practice setting.
Get notified for similar jobs
Sign up to receive job alerts
Enter Email address (Required)