Shift1 - Day
What began in 1938 as an elegant hotel that transformed into a bustling hospital, Florida Hospital Waterman has grown to become a pillar of health and wellness for the people of Lake County, Florida. Since Frank Waterman turned his famous Waterman Inn into a health care facility nearly 80 years ago, the world of medicine and the community of Lake County have seen great change. As our population has grown and health care has improved, we’ve steadfastly embraced new technologies and treatments to ensure the best possible care for the growing families we serve. Today our commitment is as strong as ever, evidenced by our state-of-the-art hospital, which houses some of the most advanced clinical technology and medical talent our area has to offer.
Pre Surgery RN AdventHealth Waterman
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Waterman
- Immediate Health Insurance Coverage
- Great benefits such as: Onsite daycare, educational reimbursement
- State of the art unit with “Pod” Structure
- Career growth and advancement potential
- High quality of life with low cost of living just outside of Orlando, Florida
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Performs nursing assessments and data collection for patients focusing on the physiological, cultural, psychological, spiritual and cognitive status of the patient. Nursing assessments include the family or significant others as needed.
- Develops and implements a plan of care that is individualized and goal directed based on patient needs and standards of care. Evaluates and revises the plan of care as defined by policy.
- Knowledgeable of and performs technical duties and responsibilities for the registered nurse in area of assignment.
- Collaborates and partners with Medical Staff and ancillary departments to coordinate patient care.
- Supervises and delegates care given by members of the health care team.
- Graduate of a School of Nursing, Associates Degree or Diploma.Current Florida RN license or if New graduate, offer contingent on passing NCLEX
- Current AHA Basic Life Support certification (BLS)
- Current AHA ACLS at time of hire for ED, ICU, CVICU, PCU, OR, PACU, MED/SURG Observation Unit, Endoscopy, and Surgical Services, Pediatrics, Labor & Delivery and Nursery Dept., Cardio DI, Cardiac Pulmonary Rehab
The Registered Nurse promotes and restores patients' health by completing the nursing process; collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary team members; providing physical and psychological support to patients, friends, and families; and supervising assigned team members. Assumes responsibility and accountability for a group of patients during a designated time frame. The RN provides care consistent with the policies, procedures and standards of the facility and the Florida State Board of Nursing Practice Act.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.