Why Mount Nittany Health?
At Mount Nittany Health, we provide high-quality patient care with a unique combination of the latest in clinical technology and compassionate medical professionals. We are committed to improving both the quality and availability of healthcare in our region and seek to hire only the best to support the communities we serve.
Provides intake support for record completion to meet accrediting standards, including assisting Medical Staff in record completion; develops positive communication with Medical Staff; performs quantitative/qualitative medical record review; processes admissions and discharges. Performs insurance verification. Types; files; assembles charts. Retrieves charts and purges year-end records. Prepares charts for next day’s office visits or surgical procedures.
1) High School graduate or equivalent.
2) Associates degree or Medical Office Assistant training preferred.
1) Prefer two years clerical office work experience.
2) One year of healthcare related or public contact experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
1) Possesses organizing filing aptitude.
2) Possesses the communication skills necessary to approach medical staff, hospital personnel, ancillary department, etc. for any clarification regarding record questions or documentation concerns.
3) Demonstrates basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Outlook and Word.
4) Demonstrates basic knowledge of faxing and copying machines.
5) Knowledge of medical terminology.
6) Working knowledge of an EMR system.
7) Prior telephone communication helpful.