Practice Manager – Malibu Primary and Urgent Care
Monday-Friday, 8:00am to 5:00pm with occasional evenings and weekends
$30.61 – $60.53 Hourly
July 17, 2021
You can make a difference in people’s lives every day. When you join UCLA Health, you’ll be working at an institution that provides leading-edge care to the people of L.A. and throughout the world. We provide our team members with the environment and support to do amazing work, because each and every one of them plays a vital role in our commitment to care.
- Experience in a healthcare or ambulatory setting required
- Progressive supervisory/management experience required
- Flexibility to work nights/weekends as needed and be on-call at all times
- Experience managing or overseeing multiple areas highly desired
- Skill in managing a complex organization with multiple objectives and goals, with limited resources.
- Working knowledge of policies and procedures related to departmental administration in a large, urban university setting.
- Demonstrated skill in managing a multi-function staff covered by diverse personnel policies and contract, including assessing and developing staffing needs and plans; demonstrated skill in recruiting, selecting, training, supervising, evaluating, and disciplining all levels of staff employees.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and to communicate effectively with faculty, staff, administrators, and the public in a variety of complex, sometimes sensitive issues.
- Demonstrated ability to write analytical and administrative reports and correspondence, which are clear, concise, logical and appropriate for a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated skill in management of space, equipment and material resources including developing utilization plans and justifying acquisitions.
- Demonstrated computer skills to develop financial and administrative reporting systems for cost control and financial planning and analysis; recommend hardware and software purchases; trouble-shoot hardware and software problems.
- Working knowledge of academic personnel including dossier preparation, medical and basic science compensation plans.
- Demonstrated skill in organizing material, information, and people in a systematic way to optimize efficiency and minimize duplication effort.
- Demonstrated skill in modifying and/or adapting designs, procedures or methods to achieve organizational goals and objectives.
- Skill in developing short-term and long-term goals in all areas of management.
- Skill in negotiating, exchanging ideas, information and opinions with others to formulate policies and programs and/or arrive jointly at decisions, conclusions or solutions.
- Excellent customer service skills and experience required.
I've been blessed to touch so many lives through my serving. It's a privilege to uplift other employees with words of encouragement and a smile.
The first thing i noticed when i joined the team was how everyone is very welcoming and friendly with supportive management. I did not feel like an outsider.
Once I joined, I knew UCLA Health was THE place to be due to the growth potential and training offered