Practice Manager II
Why This Role is Important to Us
The position of the Practice Manager, Physician Practice has overall responsibility of assigned of the following CMMG Practice Central Maine Surgical Associates and Central Maine Bariatrics. S/he supports the operations, policies, and initiatives of the practice and promotes the organization’s mission to provide exceptional healthcare in a safe and trustful environment. As part of the CMMG Leadership team, S/he will assist in the development and implementation of the strategic plan and guide staff to understand and support the mission and vision of CMHC. The Practice Manager will lead/ participate in performance improvement activities within the department with a goal to achieve best practice.
The role of the Practice Manager is to successfully monitor and maintain profitability, productivity, patient experience and staff engagement. The Manager practices in accordance with CMH’S Policies and Procedures, and HIPAA.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Serves as the champion of the patient experience
- Facilitates positive resolution of all patient complaints and inquiries within the required time frame. Takes appropriate action to recover from a service difficulty, ensuring that the necessary action is taken to affect a prompt resolution to the customer’s problem
- Ensures that Patient Experience data/reports through vendor are evaluated consistently observing for positive trends and opportunities
- Supervises day to day performance of all support staff, clinical staff, and manages practice operations in collaboration with other members of the leadership team.
- Coordinates daily workflow and practice operations including daily huddles and provides coverage as needed.
- Leads practice efforts to maintain a state of regulatory readiness for JCAHO, State or CMS visits.
- Champion “excellence every day” to support infection prevention strategies and other patient safety Initiatives within the organization including Outside Eyes Visits.
- Prepares operating and capital budgets.
- Facilitates growth strategies such as conducting outreach, meet/greet providers, and attend community events.
What We’re Looking For
Education and Experience
- BA Required, or combination of education and experience could be considered
- 3 Experience working both independently and in team based environments
- Must demonstrate reliability and accountability to the organization, team members and patients
- Exceptional communication skills
- Proficient with basic computer skills including use of Microsoft Office
- Experience and proficiency in QI process and implementation preferred.
- Ability to work under pressure with precision and accuracy and to handle multiple projects simultaneously
Central Maine Healthcare is an integrated healthcare delivery system serving 400,000 people living in central, western, and mid-coast Maine. CMHC's hospital facilities include Central Maine Medical Center in Lewiston, Bridgton Hospital, and Rumford Hospital. CMHC also supports Central Maine Medical Group, a primary and specialty care practice organization with a presence in 17 Maine communities. Other system services include the Central Maine Heart and Vascular Institute, a regional trauma program, LifeFlight of Maine's southern Maine base, the Central Maine Comprehensive Cancer Center, Long-Term Care facilities in Auburn and Rumford, Topsham Care Center, and other high quality clinical services.