Practice Manager I - Pulmonology, ICU, Sleep and Allergy
Why Mount Nittany Health?
At Mount Nittany Health, we provide high-quality patient care with a unique combination of the latest in clinical technology and compassionate medical professionals. We are committed to improving both the quality and availability of healthcare in our region and seek to hire only the best to support the communities we serve.
This position will support our outpatient Pulmonology team, our ICU Provider team, our Sleep clinic and our oupatient Allergy clinic.
Manage, direct and coordinate the staff and operations at clinic sites of the Mount Nittany Physician Group (MNPG) in order to provide quality and cost effective patient care. Perform a wide variety of clinical and operational duties in areas such as operations management, physician and patient management, budgeting and revenue cycle management, human resources and compliance. Responsibility for multiple sites with ancillary services and visiting specialists and supervises site specific lead personnel with a combined sum of physicians, advanced practice clinicians and physical locations fewer than 29. Actively participates as a member of the healthcare team to engage patients, families, and caregivers in the coordination of patient care.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Healthcare Administration, Health Policy, Nursing or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Eight years’ experience in increasingly responsible positions in a physician practice setting may be substituted for the education requirements.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Three years’ experience in physician practice management or healthcare environment.
- Two years supervisory experience.
- Internship experience in a physician practice setting gained during a master’s degree program in healthcare administration may be substituted for experience requirements.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Knowledge of principles and practices of healthcare and clinical management.
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with all members of the interdisciplinary health care team and demonstrate principles of customer service.
- Maintain a familiarity with the provisions and application of state and federal employment law.
- Keep abreast of changes in the healthcare field including regulations and technological advances.
- Working knowledge of Electronic Health Records, Electronic Eligibility, Electronic Scheduling, Compliance Programs, CPT & ICD9/ICD10 Coding, HIPAA, PQRS, Medicare and Medicaid regulations and Quality Control procedures.
- Certified Medical Practice Executive (CMPE) and Certified Medical Manager (CMM) certifications preferred.