Req ID: 36528BR
Job Summary: Oversees and facilitates the daily operations of an outpatient clinical practice with the commitment of providing excellent customer service to patients, families and visitors. Plans and organizes the work of support staff, coordinates and prioritizes work flow, implements appropriate systems and procedures to maintain service standards and acts as a resource to clinicians and staff.
- Plans and oversees work assignments and schedules for front desk and clinical support areas to meet daily operational needs. Monitors procedures to ensure efficient processing of work including time of service, referral management, pre-registration and visit ticket entry.
- Monitors provider's schedules to ensure that staff maximizes opportunities for efficient patient scheduling and timely patient flow.
- Oversees referral management and billing processes and may provide staff education. Act as a resource for clinicians and staff. Provides regular revenue cycle and volume reports to Manager/Director.
- Implements and oversees quality assurance processes and systems in collaboration with the Manager/Director.
- Provides ongoing feedback to Manager regarding training needs, staff performance and process improvement . May provide feedback to Manager in the performance review process for staff.
- High School diploma or GED required. Associate's degree preferred.
- 3-5 years related work experience required.
- Experience in a clinical/healthcare setting.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally