State City Organization
Let us find jobs for you based on your LinkedIn profile.
Practice Assistant-COVID Testing (Per Diem)
Job Location: Needham, MA
Req ID: 39226BR
Job Summary: The Practice Assistant encompasses both administrative support and medical assistant support to the COVID Testing location. This position is responsible for delivering the highest quality service to patients while contributing to the smooth functioning of practice operations. Acts as a liaison between patients, referring physicians, other hospital services, external customers and the physicians.
- Acts as a liaison between patients and other hospital services.
- Assists in setting up testing location at the beginning of the shift.
- Ensures that equipment and supplies necessary for the COVID testing are available and ready for use.
- Communicates with and assists patients, other employees and the general public in a courteous , helpful manner.
- Verifies correct patient using two identifiers.
- Works closely with the Lab to coordinate blood draws at the drive up location when indicated, including transporting specimens to the Lab.
- Assists in facilitating safety of the swabber with respect to traffic (outside clinics only).
- Facilitates timely flow referring issues to the designated resource.
- Assists patients who have physical and psychological limitations with ambulation.
- Responds to patient inquiries and resolves issues by working with providers and staff in a professional manner.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Certificate 1 Medical Assistant Certificate preferred.
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to balance multiple tasks and maintain a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- One year of Medical Assisting, as well as, one year of medical clerical support.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are based on specific instructions, standard practices and established procedures which generally require little or no supervision.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are routine, somewhat repetitive and generally solved by following clear directions and procedures and by identifying opportunities for process improvements.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow general instructions and procedures as provided. Work is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to use them in routine situations. Specialized knowledge not required.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Age based Competencies:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Youth: 6 months to 16 years, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 - 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.
Share this Job
Working at this Location
Check out where you could be working if you apply.
Your Saved Jobs
You have not saved any jobs yet.
Sign up for our Talent Community and receive Job Alerts
Actor John Krasinski spreads some good news at BIDMC
BIDMC Named Top 25 Hospitals in the Nation to Work For
BIDMC recognized as a leader in “LGBTQ Healthcare Equality”
How to Apply