Job ID: 83818
Area of Interest: Nursing Support
Location: Baltimore,MD US
Hours of Work: Sunday-Saturday
Job Facility: University of Maryland Medical Center
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:
- Assist all who enter the unit with donning the correct PPE (RN, Pharmacy, providers, Radiology, respiratory, IV therapy, EVS, dietary, supply chain, dialysis, phlebotomy, visitors).
- Assist all who exit a patient’s room or a dedicated COVID unit with doffing PPE.
- Facilitate/Assist cleaning equipment (PAPRs, pharmacy cart, HEPA filter, X-ray machine, food delivery etc.).
- Delivery of specimens to the lab.
- Maintain/Manage supplies (PPE, cleaning supplies etc.).
- Conduit for questions to Infection Prevention.
- Respond to Codes and Rapid Responses as assigned to ensure proper donning and doffing for team.
- Pull trash if needed.
- Ensure cleanliness/organization in donning and doffing areas.
- Responsible to know Infection Prevention practices as it relates to people, places and things that enter or exit the unit (touchless handoffs, EVS cart already lives on the unit, PPE conservation practices, PPE practices in general for those on the unit). less than or greater than 2 hours).
- Responsible to support all conservation of supplies and PPE (reprocessing N95s, utilization of reprocessed PPE versus “new”).
- Other duties and locations as assigned (UMMC Downtown and Midtown campuses, inpatient, procedural, and ambulatory areas).
What You Need to Be Successful:
- High School Diploma or GED required
- BLS preferred
- Good communication and customer service skills required; evidenced by experience
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
- Follow us on