FT 40 HRS
YesterdayRequisition ID: 1691
The Interpreter provides interpretation for patients and staff and supports the operations of the department, in the consecutive, simultaneous, and sight translation modes, facilitating successful delivery of services to linguistically diverse consumers.
- Provides interpretation between parties using Portuguese in accordance with Interpreter Code of Conduct and Ethics.
- Ensures that the language of the patient is interpreted to the provider or other internal/external individuals as stated providing explanations as necessary and vice versa.
- Provides explanation of colloquialisms and/or issues of cultural competence that may impact visit as requested by provider or patient.
- Explains health center resources, office protocols, and limitations to clinicians and patients.
- As required, writes letters/notes for patients, providers and vendors in target language.
- Serves as a cultural and linguistic resource to both patients and providers to contribute to successful outcomes.
- Seeks clarification on issues to ensure interpretation is correct.
- Adheres to interpreter schedule and arrives for scheduled appointments in a timely manner.
- As appropriate, schedules appointments for patients through the Patient Access Representatives (PAR) per protocol.
- Follows up with providers or other health care professionals in a timely manner while reviewing taskbox, voicemail, etc.
- Documents pertinent data into the appropriate NextGen template within 24 hours of its occurrence as per protocol, if asked.
Required/Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Medical Interpreter Certification with a minimum of 40 hours of interpreting training with oral and written testing component.
- Proven oral and written fluency in English as well as Portuguese
- Proven knowledge of medical terminology (Tele Language Inc. assessment)
- Proven Customer Service Skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and in collaboration with other health professionals
- Ability to appropriately prioritize
- Basic skills in Microsoft applications: Word, Excel and Outlook
- Working knowledge of Medical Interpreter Standards of Practice, including medical interpreter ethics and code of conduct along with issues of cultural competence
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- One year of experience as a Medical Interpreter preferred
- Working knowledge of electronic health records and practice management systems preferred, EPIC highly desired.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.