Population Health Program Manager
Job ID: 86856
Area of Interest: Management
Location: Linthicum,MD US
Hours of Work: M-F 9a-5p
Job Facility: University of Maryland Medical System
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:
The University of Maryland Medical System is a 14-hospital system with academic, community and specialty medical services reaching every part of Maryland and beyond. UMMS is a national and regional referral center for trauma, cancer care, Neurocare, cardiac care, women’s and children’s health and physical rehabilitation. UMMS is the fourth largest private employer in the Baltimore metropolitan area and one of the top 20 employers in the state of Maryland. No organization will give you the clinical variety, the support, or the opportunities for professional growth that you’ll enjoy as a member of our team. UMMS is currently seeking a Population Health Program Manager for our Corporate offices in Linthicum, MD.
Under limited supervision, manage specific aspects of one or more programs, or multiple aspects of a single program within the organization for clinical programs for the population health services organization (PHSO). This includes organizing and managing teams, developing project plans and schedules, managing issues, risks, costs, managing to schedule and scope and communicating at all levels of the organization. Manage clinical and administrative staff during all aspects of the program life cycle. This role should function as a recognized mentor and technical role model.
Principal Responsibilities and Tasks
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. These are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by personnel so classified.
- For programs consisting of multiple subprojects, directs the deployment and organization of resources, including the mentoring of project coordinators and project managers. Ensure development of timetables and targets and check progress against them. Direct the plans of activities; ensures a plan which streamlines the program process.
- Collaborates with payers, hospitals, funding agencies, accrediting organizations, and community partners to improve the performance of UMMS on quality, utilization and other performance measures.
- For complex projects or programs, direct the initiative using best-practice program management approaches to deliver against approved estimates for quality on-time and on-budget programs and projects.Communicates the business value to the organizations executives. Directs Project Managers of sub-projects related to development and reports of supported metrics for complex projects or programs. Seek ways of improving existing quality assurance tools and processes.
- Understands requirements of the Joint Commission, HRSA, National Committee of Quality Assurance (NCQA) and assists in ensuring compliance with the standards involving population health and quality improvement.
- Direct the development and analysis of program interdependencies to effectively structure sub-projects and Project Managers. Develops and understands potential impacts communicating the impacts to executives and stakeholders.
- Anticipate and identify complex issues, monitor and measure the risk factors. Communicate risk factors to executives and stakeholders. Direct sub-projects to ensure the implementation of continuous quality control of process and deliverables.
- Provides recommendations to align quality and performance measures from payers (HEDIS), UDS, Patient Centered Medical Home (Joint Commission and NCQA) in order to streamline improvement activities.
- Interfaces with Health Informatics and Information Technology staff to develop systems to collect data for reporting.
- Build effective networks of internal and external subject matter expert contacts including executives. Contribute to the development of tools and capabilities.
- Meet with stakeholders and executive to review solution and issues and to gain commitment on recommendations.
- Direct project managers to use the commonalities/differences within the team members’ goals, values and problem-solving styles to generate multiple alternatives in leading group to achieve a result and monitor for effectiveness. Ensure program impact does not negatively impact or interfere with others.
- Provides presentations to Medical System staff, practices, providers and external partners regarding plans, progress, and status of population health and quality initiatives.
- Provides monthly reports on progress with quality and performance improvement initiatives at UMMS.
- Odentify barriers to change and accept and manage ambiguity/complexity in programs/program, and effectively guide teams in dealing with change barriers and program constraints.
What You Need to Be Successful:
Education and Experience
- Master’s degree or equivalent experience in business administration or related field from which comparable knowledge and abilities have been acquired.
- Five years of Healthcare experience; clinical experience preferred.
- Five years program and/or project management experience is required.
- Specialized certification is preferred (e.g. Change Management, Process Improvement, and Project Management
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
- Follow us on