Population Health Analyst
Why Mount Nittany Health?
At Mount Nittany Health, we provide high-quality patient care with a unique combination of the latest in clinical technology and compassionate medical professionals. We are committed to improving both the quality and availability of healthcare in our region and seek to hire only the best to support the communities we serve.
Under the supervision of the Director, Population Health/Case Management, the Population Health Analyst is responsible for analysis of patient safety, efficiency, clinical and financial data; aggregation and reporting of data to effectively analyze and determine opportunities to improve outcomes and/or processes and overall value-based program performance; development and compilation of reports and dashboards from multiple data systems and sources to provide accurate data and pertinent clinical and operational information to various stakeholders of the health system to support value-based care goals.
1) Associate’s degree required.
2) Bachelor’s degree or clinical background degree in a healthcare discipline or related discipline preferred.
1) Previous experience with electronic medical records.
2) Experience with word processing and spreadsheet software (Excel) is required.
3) Experience in a hospital setting or ambulatory care setting is preferred.
4) Experience with other database software and visualization tools such as Power Point and Tableau is preferred.
5) Experience in application of statistical tools and techniques, clinical informatics, and management of data and information systems is preferred.
6) Experience implementing and administering clinical quality databases is preferred.
7) Experience in healthcare quality preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
1) Proven analytical skills with ability to organize, maintain, process, and analyze large amounts of information and complex issues and communicates findings in a clear, concise manner, including verbally, graphically, and in writing to a variety of audiences.
2) Ability to simultaneously manage complex assignments and projects.
3) Strong interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management and staff across the System; including the ability to teach technical/analytical concepts.
4) Exceptional customer service and demonstrated effective interaction with physicians, patients, and staff.
5) Growing base of analytical/technical and process improvement knowledge.
6) Oral and written communication skills; Strong diplomacy and collaboration skills.
7) Sound decision-making skills.
8) May require occasional evening work.
9) Travel to office locations is expected.