POLICE OFFICER PRN (OFF DUTY)
In this highly visible, fast-paced, and challenging position as a Police Officer, you'll collaborate with multidisciplinary team members to perform all patrol and police investigative procedures while enforcing Federal, State, and Local Laws as well as Methodist Health System Policies and Procedures.
Your Job Requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Associates Degree in Criminal Justice or related field preferred
- Must be employed in an “"off duty”", PRN capacity without them being dual licensed by our agency as a Methodist Health System Police Officer.
- Must have a Texas Peace Officer License and remain in good standing with the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement Officers Standards (TCOLE).
- Must have a valid Texas Class C Driver License and be insurable.
- Must be in good standing with a licensing and commissioning agency within the State of Texas
- Must have two or more years of progressive experience as a law enforcement Officer
- Must have effective oral and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to deal with THD staff and the public in a tactful and diplomatic manner.
- Must be able to make sound judgments.
- Must be able to testify in court to present case facts.
- Must have the ability to make independent decisions with tactful, mature and positive attitude; the incumbent must also demonstrate initiative in assuming responsibilities.
Your Job Responsibilities:
- Communicate clearly and openly
- Build relationships to promote a collaborative environment
- Be accountable for your performance
- Always look for ways to improve the patient experience
- Take initiative for your professional growth
- Be engaged and eager to build a winning team