Job ID: 79153
Area of Interest: Service
Location: Easton,MD US
Hours of Work: M-F
Job Facility: UM Shore Regional Health
Employment Type: Full Time
What You Will Do:
Repairs, maintains, and modifies building plumbing, steam distribution, and related equipment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Performs regular maintenance, including rodding, cleaning, etc., on drains and fixtures.
- Plunges toilets and drains.
- Inspects, cleans, and/or repairs steam traps and strainers.
- Repairs steam, gas, and oxygen leaks.
- Solders, brazes, and welds material.
- Repairs flushometers.
- Checks pump operation in various areas of the hospital complex.
- Performs maintenance on sterilizers.
- Resets circuit breakers.
- Installs sinks, toilets, etc.; replaces toilet seats.
- Installs new water and sewer systems.
- Performs minor electrical and carpentry repairs associated with plumbing systems.
- Installs, repairs, and maintains pumps, heat exchangers, regulators, safety valves, and hospital plumbing fixtures.
- Assists Stationary Engineers and Preventive Maintenance and Operations Mechanics with special projects and troubleshooting, repairs, and installations of new service.
- Assists in other areas of the department, including boiler room.
- Picks up and delivers various supplies, parts, and building materials.
- Unloads salt for the boiler room, as needed.
- Orders supplies, as necessary; obtains parts and supplies in emergencies.
- Shovels snow; spreads sand and salt.
- Cleans work and shop areas.
- Responds to the following Shore Health System codes: Code Red, Code Pink, Code D and CodeU.
- Responsible for honest behavior in all matters. To the best of the employee’s knowledge and understanding, complies with all Federal and State Laws and Regulations.
- Performs other facilities management duties, for which he/she is qualified, as assigned.
- Strives to achieve excellence of service as described in care manual.
- Maintains the privacy and security of all confidential and protected health information. Uses and discloses only that information which is necessary to perform the function of the job.
- Performs related duties, as assigned.
What You Need to Be Successful:
- Minimum of three years of experience in plumbing and/or general facility maintenance.
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret blueprints, schematics, etc.
- Current drivers license to travel to various hospital properties.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
- Follow us on