Center City, Philadelphia, PA
Thomas Jefferson University is seeking a Board Eligible /Certified Plastic Surgeon to join our Plastic Surgery Division, in the Department of Surgery. The successful candidate will join an established plastic surgery team that works collaboratively with peers and other multidisciplinary providers, advanced practitioners and specialty staff (licensed and non-licensed). The candidate must have excellent communication skills with a focus on patient access and patient satisfaction. Microsurgery experience or fellowship training is ideal but not essential.
- Provide a broad range of services including general plastic surgery, cosmetic surgery (body contouring, breast augmentation, breast lift, abdominoplasty, face lift, liposuction, eyelid lift, brow lift), breast reconstruction, maxillofacial trauma, and cancer/trauma reconstruction.
- Active involvement in the education of surgery residents. Participation in teaching, research, and program development.
- Benefit from an established reconstructive and cosmetic referral base, generated from internal, external/private practice physicians and surgeons
- Research or scholarship responsibilities may include clinical and/or basic science investigations in the field of plastic surgery
- Fully integrated Electronic Health Record (EHR) – EPIC
Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job. Additional competencies outlined in any department-specific orientation will be considered essential to the performance of the job related to that position.
Doctor of Medicine (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s)
Licensed Medical Doctor - State of Pennsylvania
Jefferson Health delivers state of the art healthcare services to patients throughout the Delaware Valley and southern New Jersey. Jefferson (Philadelphia University + Thomas Jefferson University) provides more than 8,400 students from nearly 40 states and 40 countries with 21st century professional education. Combined, we have over 30,000 employees.
Jefferson Health, with 14 hospitals (seven are Magnet designated by the ANCC for nursing excellence) and 40+ outpatient and urgent care locations, offers a broad range of primary and complex, highly specialized care that touches the lives of more than four million patients annually. U.S. News & World Report has ranked Thomas Jefferson University Hospital among the nation’s best in eight specialties. Jefferson Health also includes the NCI designated Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center; it is one of only 70 such centers in the nation.
Thomas Jefferson University has ten colleges and three schools that offer more than 160 undergraduate and graduate programs. Our University is dedicated to inter-professional and transdisciplinary approaches to learning that offer a vibrant and expandable platform for professional education. Through this unique model, we are preparing our students for current and yet to be imagined careers.
As an employer, Jefferson maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.