The role of the Physician Liaison is to foster strong collaborative relationships among providers and between providers and acute facilities of Novant Health within our service areas. The Liaison will have responsibility for ensuring an effective onboarding process for new providers joining the organization. The liaison will develop and improve relationships with physicians in the service area with the goal of enhancing referral processes for both inpatient and outpatient services with an emphasis on creating lasting partnerships that will allow Novant Health to provide remarkable, seamless care for the communities its serves. As well, the liaison will serve as a primary point of contact for market leaders, unaffiliated acute facility leaders and physicians with concerns or questions to ensure concerns are addressed in a timely manner.
Education: Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree in business, healthcare, or related field preferred
Experience: A minimum of five years marketing, recruiting, liaison/referral or equivalent required.
Additional skills required:
• Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills including critical thinking when addressing various situations that require improving or linking physicians and services
• Excellent interpersonal relationship skills as well as written and oral communication skills
• Portrays a professional image, particularly when interacting with patients, clients, physicians and team members
• Trustworthy of confidential information and understanding of sensitive information
• Respect for confidentiality and rights of patients
• Willing to take informed risks and receptive to new ideas
• Embraces change and acts as a change agent
• Able to identify appropriate data and statistics for tracking and reporting and ability to interpret relevant data for communication and resolution
• Strong organizational skills and ability to establish priorities
• Proficient in public-speaking
• Ability to understand customer needs and expectations and knowledge for pathways to improvement that will exceed the customer’s expectations
• Ability to work with dual reporting structure as feedback and direction will be received from market, acute, institute and NHMG leaders
• Able to track performance metrics such as Provider Engagement, Provider Satisfaction, Provider Retention and Referral data to monitor team performance and address areas of opportunity for improvement.
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters team work, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of "First Do No Harm".
Need help finding the right job?
Learn more about Novant Health