Physician Assistant – Orthopedic
Category: Physician/Physician Assistant
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posted Date: August 24, 2021
Position Objective: The PA will be responsible for the evaluation and non-operative management of patients with osteoarthritis and acute/chronic musculoskeletal complaints of the hip and knee
Essential Job Duties:
- Performing comprehensive and problem focused history and physical exams, interpret and correlate laboratory and diagnostic procedures. Interpret and correlate subjective and objective data to formulate a differential diagnose and establish a working diagnosis.
- Formulate a treatment plan for orthopedic problems within scope of practice. Implement therapeutic intervention for specific conditions when appropriate. Exercise judgment on problems requiring consultation, referral, or evaluation by the supervising orthopedic surgeon or other health care professionals.
- Order, collect, and perform appropriate laboratory or diagnostic procedures, and studies including but not limited to blood and tissue specimens. Ordering or performing diagnostic studies such as but not limited to EMG, electrocardiogram, compartment pressure measurements, and x-ray examinations including special x-ray examinations CT, MRI, and bone scans etc..
- Perform diagnostic and therapeutic procedures including but not limited to joint and bursa aspirations, injections of joints, tendons, trigger points and bursa, as well as brace, cast and splint applications.
- Order, prescribe, dispense, and administer Medication, orthosis, orthotics, braces and other orthopedic devices as may be allowed by state legislation.
- Physician Assistant Degree
- Orthopedic experience
- Licensed as a Physician’s Assistant in the State of Maryland or eligible
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
There is reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
First step is to join our talent community for the latest news.
Create your talent profile to receive customized job alerts and the latest company information.
Current employees should click on the button to search jobs, login and manage job agents, check application status, and more.
Important Information about CPR (BLS) requirements for Anne Arundel Medical Center. (Note: this downloads a word document)