Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner
JOB TITLE: Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner
LOCATION: Lewiston, ME
WORK TYPE: Full time
At Central Maine Healthcare, we are changing the face of Healthcare in Maine daily as we strive to provide care to our patients closer to their community. Since health changes with age, healthcare should too. To meet the unique needs of our patient population, we have implemented tele-health, Maine Urgent Care and Ambulatory surgical centers close to our patients. Our physicians, nurses and staff are committed to providing patients with the quality medical care they deserve!
Central Maine Healthcare is seeking an experienced (2+ years) Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner to join our Neurosurgery team. This position requires patient care both in the outpatient and inpatient settings under the supervision of a surgeon. Duties include surgical assisting, rounding on inpatients, performing follow up and pre-operative visits in the clinic, and similar duties as well as participation in all quality and process improvement initiatives. Position will work weekends on a rotating basis as needed.
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant Program.
- Nurse Practitioner with acute care experience if possess an RN First Assist
- Candidate must possess credentials and current licensure as a Physician's Assistant by the State of Maine
- Follow all Maine State Rules and Regulations within established scope of practice
- American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS and ACLS certification required
Fulfill your calling at Central Maine Healthcare will help to keep patients healthier and happier to enjoy more of what life has to offer.
Why join Central Maine Healthcare?
- Piloting innovative delivery models (e-visits, etc.)
- World-class integrated specialty delivery network
- Work life balance
- 4-day work week if applicable
- Generous Sign-on Bonus Program
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement
- Loan Reimbursement: $25,000 over 5 years
- 5 paid CME days and $3,000
- Excellent annual compensation and benefits, including relocation, and malpractice
- Professional opportunities for mentorship, growth and advancement
To learn more, please visit: www.cmhc.org
Interested Candidates should submit their CV and cover letter to:
Carol Murphy, Senior Provider Recruiter
Central Maine Healthcare at: Murphyca@cmhc.org
Central Maine Healthcare is equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."