Why Mount Nittany Health?
At Mount Nittany Health, we provide high-quality patient care with a unique combination of the latest in clinical technology and compassionate medical professionals. We are committed to improving both the quality and availability of healthcare in our region and seek to hire only the best to support the communities we serve.
Provide primary health care and perform selective medical services such as examinations, formulation of treatment plans and therapeutic procedures, in all clinical venues, under the direction of the physicians. Actively participates as a member of the healthcare team to engage patients, families, and caregivers in the coordination of patient care.
1) Graduate from an accredited Physician Assistant program.
1) One year of medical care experience preferably as a Physician Assistant in a medical practice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1) Knowledge of professional medical practice and care protocols, assessing patient health, administration of medications and delivering care following a treatment plan.
2) Knowledge of physician office procedures, medical terminology, ICD-10 and CPT coding guidelines.
3) Knowledge of organizational policies, regulations, procedures, prescribed medical standards and common safety hazards and precautions.
4) Skill in applying and modifying principles, methods and techniques of medicine to provide on-going patient care.
5) Skill in gathering and analyzing patient data and interpreting findings.
6) Skill in preparing and maintaining records utilizing computer software.
7) Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
1) Valid State of Pennsylvania Physician Assistant license.
2) BLS certification required.
3) Certain mid-level provider positions may require registration with the DEA for the authority to prescribe controlled substances.