Physical Therapy Aide – OP Rehab Service – Part-time (20 hours) w/rotating weekends
Category: Allied Health
Location: Annapolis, MD
Posted Date: October 13, 2021
Provides therapeutic assistance under the direct supervision of a licensed Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist, and/or Speech and Language Pathologist. Also prepares and decontaminates equipment, transports patients, and maintains the environment to facilitate the delivery of outpatient rehabilitation services.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Provides therapeutic assistance to professional staff according to departmental standards, under the direct supervision of a licensed therapist. Escorts patients to and from the department as directed by a therapist. Assists in the monitoring of patient reactions to treatment, and communicates adverse reactions immediately to appropriate person.
- Maintains appropriate supply inventory levels on a daily basis in the clinic. Assists with front office duties on an as needed basis.
- Actively participates in departmental in-service activities, and department staff meetings.
- Participates in and completes materials related to departmental process improvement, departmental yearly competencies, and HealthStream in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates a professional image/attitude towards patients, coworkers, and others. (dress code, HIPAA, schedule flexibility).
- Maintains CPR certification, according to departmental policies. Complies with flu and TB testing according to AAHS policies.
- Complies with departmental procedures for time off requests and schedule changes.
- Participates in other designated projects or roles under the direction of Rehabilitation Services leadership.
- Inspects, sterilizes, and maintains physical therapy equipment according to departmental standards and completes required documentation. (hydroculators, freezers, splint pan, paraffin, alter G shorts, etc.) Cleans therapy equipment according to departmental standards.
- Participates in other designated projects or roles under the direction of Outpatient Rehabilitation leadership.
- GED or High School Diploma
- Prior experience in a healthcare field preferred
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Very heavy work: Exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.
First step is to join our talent community for the latest news.
Create your talent profile to receive customized job alerts and the latest company information.
Current employees should click on the button to search jobs, login and manage job agents, check application status, and more.
Important Information about CPR (BLS) requirements for Anne Arundel Medical Center. (Note: this downloads a word document)