Physical Therapist - THAH - Full Time
- Req. Number: 2020-31781
- Posted Date: 10/29/2020
- Shift: 1-Day
- Work Schedule: 8 am - 4:30 pm including weekend and holiday rotation
- Hours: 80 hours per pay period
- Address: N/A
- City, State: Pottstown, PA
- Department: Home Health BVNA
Performs direct service to in-home patients for whom physical therapy procedures have been medically prescribed, including but not limited to:
- Teaching physical therapy procedures to a patient and/or patient's family member.
- Instructing patient and/or patient's family member in supportive activities to be carried out between visits.
- Conferring periodically with the attending physician regarding the patient's progress.
- Assesses physical, emotional, socio-economic problems affecting the family health of each patient. Reports such problems to the Clinical Manager. Confers with the Nurse, Clinical Manager, and other personnel regarding plans for patient care.
- Provides for the special needs of the Hospice patlient.
- Informs the Clinical Manager regarding the physical therapy program and plans periodic reviews and field visits with the Clinical Manager.
- Participates in patient goal setting, discharge planning and evaluation.
- Assists Nurses with problems of personal body mechanics relative to nursing procedures.
- Graduate of a school approved by the American Medical Association and the American Physical Therapy Association or meets other requirements recommended by the American Physical Therapy Association and requirements as outlined in the Federal Health Insurance for the Aged (conditions of Participation). Eligible for membership in the American Physical Therapy Association.
- Possession of a valid license as a Physical Therapist as issued by Pennsylvania State Board.
- Experience utilizing a laptop and/or personal computer for patient documentation, preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the practice, techniques, literature, and new developments in the field of physical therapy.
- Valid Pennsylvania Driver's license, and automobile insurance, available automobile during working hours and able to drive in all types of weather.
- Current cardiopulmonary resuscitation certificate.