Physical Therapist – Lead – Full Time – Odenton Pavilion
Category: Allied Health
Location: Odenton, MD
Posted Date: November 16, 2021
Assists Supervisor by leading Outpatient Rehabilitation services as follows: providing technical support to Staff Therapists, Rehabilitative Services Aides, and volunteers; assisting with quality assurance projects, program development, as well as other special projects as designated by Supervisor, conducts staff orientation and in-service activities, competency assessments, coordination of student programs, etc. Evaluates patients, provides therapeutic intervention according to departmental standards. Assesses the appropriateness and effectiveness of services provided to patients, and documents same according to departmental standards and the special needs of patients.
Essential Job Duties:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Conducts evaluations and treatments according to established departmental policies and procedures. Documents evaluations and treatments with ongoing assessment and updating of treatment goals.
- Documents patient and/or patient caregiver education, interdisciplinary collaboration, and patient's response to treatment.
- Participates in departmental in-service activities. Attends continuing education seminars and takes the responsibility to conduct seminar related in-service for staff in a timely manner.
- Consults with and serves as a resource for physicians, nursing staff, and other clinicians to increase knowledge of therapy. Identifies needs for outpatient rehabilitation services for patients of all ages.
- Participates in clinical pathways and/or interdisciplinary meetings when indicated.
- Provides in-service training to other disciplines when indicated. Provides technical supervision, direction, and support to staff Therapists, Rehabilitative Services Aides, Therapy students, and volunteers.
- Participates in program development and forms development processes and trains staff in these areas as necessary.
- Assists in developing, monitoring, and analyzing department quality assurance programs (Dashboards, Chart Audits, Patient Satisfaction, etc).
- Conducts staff orientation, competency assessment processes, assists supervisor in providing feedback for staff performance evaluation processes, policy and procedure review/updating, coordination of student programs, etc.
- Serves as Charge Therapist in the absence of the Supervisor as designated.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Physical Therapy.
- One year experience performing outpatient therapy.
- Previous Lead Therapist experience preferred.
- Current license in Physical Therapy by the Board of Physical Therapy Examiners of Maryland or current license as an Occupational Therapist from the Maryland Board of Occupational Therapy or current license as a Speech-Language Pathologist from the Maryland Board of Audiologist, Hearing Aid Dispensers and Speech-Language Pathologists.
- Current American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS CPR certification.
Working Conditions, Equipment, Physical Demands:
There is a reasonable expectation that employees in this position will be exposed to blood-borne pathogens.
Physical Demands –
Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The physical demands and work environment that have been described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
The above job description is an overview of the functions and requirements for this position. This document is not intended to be an exhaustive list encompassing every duty and requirement of this position; your supervisor may assign other duties as deemed necessary.
First step is to join our talent community for the latest news.
Create your talent profile to receive customized job alerts and the latest company information.
Current employees should click on the button to search jobs, login and manage job agents, check application status, and more.
Important Information about CPR (BLS) requirements for Anne Arundel Medical Center. (Note: this downloads a word document)